PDA

View Full Version : printing on navy blue?

soulclaimed
02-09-2012, 08:31 PM
i have just received an order for some shirts with business name and number on them however the customer wants navy blue, as sublimation doesnt work on dark colours and i dont have a plotter cutter what other options do i have as i do not want to turn the customer away?

Tony

accdave
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
i have just received an order for some shirts with business name and number on them however the customer wants navy blue, as sublimation doesnt work on dark colours and i dont have a plotter cutter what other options do i have as i do not want to turn the customer away?

Tony

You could use Subli Flock making an oblong or square patch. Don't need a cutter for that.

mrs maggot
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
or you could sub out the order to someone that can print for you using vinyl or even embroider

logobear
02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
you could try to persuade them to take white T's with a large block, - or maybe a cross, stripes etc of navy print both sides, with the name/logo/number as reverse text (ie in plain white with the printed navy around!) That way you can do in house, but you might use a lot of 'navy' sub ink ?

WorthDoingRight
03-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Or if you have a heat press for sublimation you could just farm out the cutting to someone with a cutter and then press the vinyl yourself - there is always a way around most problems :biggrin:

soulclaimed
03-09-2012, 04:51 PM
How much would someone charge for the cutting?

mrs maggot
03-09-2012, 11:09 PM
you would need to give an example of the logo/name and size you are looking for and what type of vinyl you would want someone to use (or leave that up to them) also if you just wanted them cutting, and you would weed out the unwanted vinyl, as thats often the most time consuming part

logobear
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Cost, - vinyl starts at about £10/m2 trade, - plus vat. = £12/m2 (- £5 a m for 500mm wide)
Simple designs cut real fast, intricate logos can take a long time, - and will not cut well unless the trace is well cleaned. - by who ?????
Price depends on how many m2, AND how local you are, - every job you cannot do is another for your neighbour .....
I would think locally about £50 m2, and about half that if you are not a competitor. (this price includes vat)
my 2p worth

WorthDoingRight
04-09-2012, 12:02 AM
How much would someone charge for the cutting?

Well once you know exactly what size and shape and number of characters then I am sure you can get a quote.

RogerC
04-09-2012, 02:25 PM
If you're looking for someone to print/cut these on 'C print textile vinyl'.....satin or matt finish I could maybe help out.