PDA

View Full Version : printing methods for band tshirts?

soulclaimed
06-09-2012, 06:48 PM
I know a couple of bands that want tshirts printing however as they want them on dark garments with no dodgy transfer showing between the details. I was thinking of buying. some screen printing kit but also looking at plotter cutters and vinyl or transfer paper but if they want detailed designs in white on black shirt would weeding be nearly impossible?

Justin
06-09-2012, 07:01 PM
If the designs are all the same you could get screen printed transfers made and just apply when you need to, same effect as screen printing but more flexible on sizes etc.

Andrew
06-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Most get them screenprinted. The kind of the results you can get from a decent screenprint these days it's hard to believe it's 1 or 2 colours only.

Stitch Up
23-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Screen printing is a great choice, particularly for larger quantities. I wish we had the space and more importantly the time to do it!

We do print quite a few shirts for bands, usually in quantities up to 50, but we use dtg printing:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/datasafe/Printing%20and%20Dye%20Sub/Neoflex/DTG%20Examples/SimonWoodFlamingGuitar4.jpg

Ian M
23-09-2012, 08:50 PM
WOW! John your artwork & prints always blow my socks off & that image is just out of this world.

In fact I was think about your space issues just the other day when I saw a big old empty pub for sale. I thought that would be ideal to have all your printing gear downstairs where the bars were yet you would have full living accomodation upstairs. :wink:

mrs maggot
24-09-2012, 08:50 PM
we do quite a few bands and so them vinyl, it helps them on their costings, as i can do small print runs,

Ian - we have been debating the pub thing for a while now, shop/workshop also maybe a tattoo studio with living accom upstairs, as you say the price of some pubs - it would be a good deal

Ian M
25-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Laura, I know of at least 6 pubs that are empty all within 5 miles of where I live. Most of them are the large old stone built ones which had 2 or 3 bars which would be just ideal for your idea. A good friend of mine who is a professional photographer bought a very cheap old chapel a few years ago & we all hought he was mad. The chapel had 3 floors in all & was built on a slope. He made the first floor as a very large studio the first floor was made into a large darkroom & offices & at the back which is the lower ground floor he made into a wedding car hire, wedding & evening suit hire plus a wedding gift shop. All of a sudden he had made a one stop shop for anyone getting married as a lot of the things they needed for the big day was there under one roof. He's now sold the business & has semi retired & just does a bit of photography to top up his bank balance. We all laughed at his idea but, it was him who was laughing at us in the end.