PDA

View Full Version : silhouette cameo

Craig
09-09-2012, 07:22 AM
I have had a look around the forum but thought i would ask for the people that have and use the cameo.

What stuff do you use it for/do with it as i am aware that you can do rhinestone templates but does it do well for t shirts etc.

Thanks for any answers

Craig

bms
09-09-2012, 10:06 AM
I have had a look around the forum but thought i would ask for the people that have and use the cameo.

What stuff do you use it for/do with it as i am aware that you can do rhinestone templates but does it do well for t shirts etc.

Thanks for any answers

Craig

You can cut flex, flock, vinyl, card, paper, laser vinyl, OBM5.6, subli flock...

bigj2552
09-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks for any answers

Craig

i use mine mainly for vinyl,flock and flex....and copier paper to test stuff out first, to save wasting precious flock,vinyl ect.
if your going to us it for card stock, spend an extra £15 and get another blade just for your card.
And if you want to use the rhinestone facility, you will need to upgrade to the designer edition ( £29appox).
Must say, it creates rhinestone templates dam good IMHO....sooooo easy :wink:..buy some sticky flock for your rhinestone templates and your sorted bud.

moiez89
09-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I want to cut Transfers papers and JPSS and Jet opague papers.

Will this cutter be suitable?

Any extra things needed with this cutter for cutting transfer papers?

thanx
Moiez

Craig
09-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the reply guys i have recorded the show on creat and craft so will have a little look

Craig
12-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Can i ask if anyone has ever had a problem setting up the cameo, My reason for asking is i know somene with who has just bought 1 and they have installed everything but when they try to run the sihouette cameo they get the screen like the cameo is starting up and it says initilizing and then stops responding, Anyone got any ideas as have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers which was recommended by the makers and toshiba(laptop maker)

Thanks for any assistance