PDA

View Full Version : Decent images for sublimation samples

crystaluk
11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Ok guys I am looking for images possibly using one on all the sublimation items for samples. I am looking for something that gives the right first impression in terms of colour vibrancy etc(getting the icc to work is another issue lol!) any recommendations please

Paul
11-09-2012, 02:04 PM
get descent, profesional photography.
single photo on all items = bad idea imo ;)
I would buy some descent photos from stock photo sitrs.

all the best.

PAul

socialgiraffe
11-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Place I use for images is istockphoto which have pretty reasonable prices. Remember that although you are purchasing a Royalty Free image you can not sell the item you have printed as RF does not include that aspect.

The alternative which I have also done is pop in to a local photographers and asked them if they have some images to use and in return given them some printed mugs (or something similar) as payment.

WorthDoingRight
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Take a few photographs of your dog or cat or a tree in the garden or a sunrise/sunset. I do not think that you need 'professional' images these days to give people an idea of what you are doing!

Paul
11-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Take a few photographs of your dog or cat or a tree in the garden or a sunrise/sunset. I do not think that you need 'professional' images these days to give people an idea of what you are doing!
this is like a food. if you going to the restaurant and see crap on your plate i dont think you going to say to youself "I am sure it still taste lovely" :)
people eat with they eyes first :)

crystaluk
11-09-2012, 04:28 PM
this is like a food. if you going to the restaurant and see crap on your plate i dont think you going to say to youself "I am sure it still taste lovely" :)
LMAO!!!! That got me in stitches Paul!!!! I think for samples it's better I invested in some decent images, i havent time to turn photographer hands full! Will check out sites thanks guys!

WorthDoingRight
11-09-2012, 04:33 PM

Well perhaps I just don't consider my photography skills to be crap. Putting crap on a plate never seems to be a problem for McD does it lol

Paul
11-09-2012, 05:58 PM
lol :) yes. in macd case no :) no problem. and i am not saing your skills are bad. but you said
Take a few photographs of your dog or cat or a tree in the garden or a sunrise/sunset without knowing they skills :)

on the end of the day wee agree in this matter lol :) pictures should be decent!

JackB
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Well perhaps I just don't consider my photography skills to be crap. Putting crap on a plate never seems to be a problem for McD does it lol

Have you noticed though that mac d's photos look a damn site better than their product tastes.

The exception to the rule is of course Polish Vodka after the first glass it doesn't matter what it tastes like and you can't see what it looks like. lol

Jack.

Paul
11-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Wooooow... Polish wodka doas taste desent! Compare to that poo in tesco polish wodka taste bloody good.

Jersue
11-09-2012, 07:13 PM
plenty of large free images on Google Images

Paul
11-09-2012, 07:44 PM
plenty??? I ddnt spoted hardly any :confused:

WorthDoingRight
12-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I once opened a shop selling Polish, but all these Polish people came in looking for groceries and not wax etc. So being the wise man I am I asked a friend to put a sign in Polish on the window saying this is a Polish shop and not a Polish shop and you know what happened all these British people started coming in looking for groceries - never did understand why!!

But seriously the number of people in Birmingham that ask why we have shops selling Polish as surely people don't wax items these days is astounding!

ASLCreative
12-09-2012, 07:30 AM
It all depends upon who your intended market is.

If it is members of the public they will mainly want photos of family, friends and pets on their mugs. So you need similar images.

With regard to quality - you have to remember the images submitted by people should be ones they have taken - so you need to get used to working with non professional images.

Remember they will be expecting their mugs to look the same as the samples you provide, yet their images they give you may be rubbish in quality terms.

If it is for business then use professional images.

GoldRapt
17-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Any of these help?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=public+domain+photographs+free&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1525&bih=670&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=iGhXUNPQKOjb0QX42YHICg