PDA

View Full Version : Tshirt suppliers - advice needed on new supplier.

phoenixalpha
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Been using Absolute Apparel and Ralawise of late, but am a bit ... dismayed at the recent service/cost I'm getting. I have been using Absolute Apparel for a long while and I really do like the service and cost of their items but alas a lot of stock is out and has been for a while. Asking when certain items will be back in stock just led to a couple of emails saying "dont know when we'll be getting those items back in"... which isnt really that good for continued custom as I'm having to go elsewhere more and more which brings me to Ralawise. I love Ralawise's stock levels and range (ok they tend not to do many Gildan especially women's but .... there are other items nearly as good) but their prices are waaay above what I'm comfortable in paying but alas AA doesnt have the stock, so I have to get it somewhere.

Can anyone recommend a decent low cost supplier with good stock levels? I know its kind of asking the impossible but does anyone have any recommendations?

socialgiraffe
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I use BTC Activewear and never ever had any problems with them but I am pretty sure that they may be a tad more expensive than Ralawise who I thought had the best prices around (obviously not!). Some members on here have had problems with various regional offices which has surprised me as the London office have been nothing short of superb. If you do decide to contact them and do not get a response PM me and I will send you the email address of someone pretty high up who will sort out any problems/issues you have.

However be warned... I know that Gildan have had major problems of late as they are changing everything around with their range, this is probably why they in particualr are experiencing supply problems. Right now there are some bargains to be had with BTC while they try to off load old stock.

WorthDoingRight
11-09-2012, 11:55 PM
Well I have found BTC to be as cheap or cheaper than Ralawise on the items I have looked at on their websites. Ralawise do however have some bargains if you willing to take pot luck.

bigj2552
12-09-2012, 12:55 AM
we were gonna go with Ralawise at the begining but, shopped around and found another 3 cheaper, and with a lot better REP..

AJLA
17-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I have also mainly used either AA or BTC until i experienced stock issues a while back. The only place I manged to find what I was looking for and who maintained a good stock was Elms & Elms, I now mainly buy through them for that reason.

logobear
18-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I find the best prices from the least reliable suppliers .....
Nothing worse than pricing up a job, getting it, then finding you cannot source the stock !
Pencarrie do live inventory and reservation on their website, Logobear now get carton rate on some supplies even for singles which helps!
i know I can get cheaper, but really want consistancy, - if I get a repeat job 6m or a year later, i need the same stock!
Pencarrie carry great stock !

socialgiraffe
18-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Agree with Logobear in that Pencarrie were always pretty good in stock and live inventory when I used to use them.

As a side issue, I think Ralawise are desperate to get new customers. They have been emailing me constantly, I explained that a) I do not do much clothing and if I did my customers prefer to supply and b) I am very loyal to my suppliers and am really happy with BTC so see no reason to move.

The rep came back with an offer of carton rate plus 10% discount which although I still will not move is a pretty good offer. For those of you who do a lot of clothing it might be worth contacting them if you do not get as good a rate as this with your current supplier. They are obviously willing to do a deal.

If you want the rep's email address them PM me and I will send it through.

soulclaimed
25-05-2013, 04:54 AM
i use btc their serviceis brilliant they even call you to discuss registration and the dispatch and delivery time is great

Renniwano
25-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I also use BTC here