PDA

View Full Version : cameo help needed

Craig
13-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Can i ask if anyone has ever had a problem setting up the cameo,

My reason for asking is i know somene with who has just bought 1 and they have installed everything but when they try to run the sihouette cameo they get the screen like the cameo is starting up and it says initilizing and then stops responding, Anyone got any ideas as have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers which was recommended by the makers and toshiba(laptop maker)

The laptop in question is a toshiba sattelite c660 which is only about a year old

Thanks for any assistance

WorthDoingRight
13-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Well cannot help other than say try another usb port and cable if you can and another PC if possible - makes sense to know where the error is.

bms
13-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Can i ask if anyone has ever had a problem setting up the cameo,

My reason for asking is i know somene with who has just bought 1 and they have installed everything but when they try to run the sihouette cameo they get the screen like the cameo is starting up and it says initilizing and then stops responding, Anyone got any ideas as have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers which was recommended by the makers and toshiba(laptop maker)

The laptop in question is a toshiba sattelite c660 which is only about a year old

Thanks for any assistance

Have they tried calling GraphtecGB for help? Telephone number is on their website and they're a friendly bunch.

Craig
13-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Guys thanks fr the reply Martin I trid looking on graphtec for th number but couldnt see it maybe me being blind. Below is som mor to th story

My Mum purchased this from create and craft the other day and she has not ven managed to connect the cameo to th laptop yet as it tells you in th instructions not too until th software is all installed.

Downloaded Silhouette Studio from the silhouette america website.

It all installs fine but when she come to run it, it hangs on the little splash screen after whilst saying "Initializing..."
It starts to load, and loads the fonts and the icons etc, but then on the laptop it just stops when it gets to "Initializing..."

It just stops responding at that point, I've tried re-installing, rebooting, compatability settings etc and still nothing.

Can't see anything on the web about it so just wondered if anyone else had had similar.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit

I left it for about 35 minutes on the initializing, but checking the processes it's using no cpu, no memory and no disk activity so looks to be completley stalled. It also says "not responding"

Any ideas woul be appreciated as she has been told by cameo to contact toshiba and toshiba say contact cameo, bewteen them they are saying the graphics river nees updating which does not appear to be working as the laptop is only 12 months old and they both have given her links to this and that and basically passed the buck a the moment.

Thanks for any help

bms
13-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Guys thanks fr the reply Martin I trid looking on graphtec for th number but couldnt see it maybe me being blind. Below is som mor to th story

My Mum purchased this from create and craft the other day and she has not ven managed to connect the cameo to th laptop yet as it tells you in th instructions not too until th software is all installed.

Downloaded Silhouette Studio from the silhouette america website.

It all installs fine but when she come to run it, it hangs on the little splash screen after whilst saying "Initializing..."
It starts to load, and loads the fonts and the icons etc, but then on the laptop it just stops when it gets to "Initializing..."

It just stops responding at that point, I've tried re-installing, rebooting, compatability settings etc and still nothing.

Can't see anything on the web about it so just wondered if anyone else had had similar.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit

I left it for about 35 minutes on the initializing, but checking the processes it's using no cpu, no memory and no disk activity so looks to be completley stalled. It also says "not responding"

Any ideas woul be appreciated as she has been told by cameo to contact toshiba and toshiba say contact cameo, bewteen them they are saying the graphics river nees updating which does not appear to be working as the laptop is only 12 months old and they both have given her links to this and that and basically passed the buck a the moment.

Thanks for any help

Have pm'd you Graphtec's number

Craig
13-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks Martin will try ringing them has anyon else come accross anything like the above during the install of this product

bigj2552
14-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Thanks Martin will try ringing them has anyon else come accross anything like the above during the install of this product

mine installed fine on windows 7 64bit desktop machine....

Craig
14-09-2012, 06:42 AM
bigj d you use the silhoutte studio and i so where did you download from there site?

Charlie_
14-09-2012, 07:25 AM
I cwont work on windows 7 either.ouldn't get it to work on windows 7 but on putting on laptop on vista no problems. Mind you its not unusual as my labeling program

Charlie_
14-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I couldn't get it to work on windows 7 but on putting on laptop on vista no problems. Mind you its not unusual as my labeling program wont work on windows 7 either.

disregard previous not sure what happened there

bigj2552
14-09-2012, 07:27 AM
bigj d you use the silhoutte studio and i so where did you download from there site?

Morning.... if its not on there site,email them and tell them you want version 2.5.0d...as the new one sucks ( dont say that !! ).
I got that from them by email and i upgraded to the designer edition for approx £29 online and working great...apart from a few of my own cock ups along the way and a new blade into the bargain :rolleyes:......oh, and buy a spare blade. Only about £15.
They really are very helpful guys over there TBH

Hope this helps bud :wink:

johnny

Craig
14-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Bigj can i ask who you emailed (graphtec/silhoutteamerica)to get that version and do you have a copy that you could possible send me via email or is it something they have to send you, Sorry for silly questions just trying to help my mum out lol sh hs had enough with it and i wat to see what it can do whch at the moment is nothing. They have told her it is the graphics card in the lapop so she is on about buying another new 1 which i dont think will cure the problem.

Charlie_
14-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Bigj can i ask who you emailed (graphtec/silhoutteamerica)to get that version and do you have a copy that you could possible send me via email or is it something they have to send you, Sorry for silly questions just trying to help my mum out lol sh hs had enough with it and i wat to see what it can do whch at the moment is nothing. They have told her it is the graphics card in the lapop so she is on about buying another new 1 which i dont think will cure the problem.

It could be the graphics card if its running on windows 7 as mine would not have it on that system. but on vista worked straight away, having pulled my hair out well what little i have left anyway.

Craig
14-09-2012, 08:10 AM
Charlie Thanks I appreiciate your reply, it could be the graphics card but there must be a better solution other than installing it on another machine as my mum dont have another machine and to have to buy 1 which would only be windows 7 or newer anyway is kind of a crazy solution, Ill just have to keep plugging away until i find a way round it.

Craig
14-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Charlie what make laptop did you struggle with was it Toshiba by any chance

Charlie_
14-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Charlie what make laptop did you struggle with was it Toshiba by any chance

HP mate and on a desk top with windows 7 on it it wouldn't work..... But is absolutely fine on vista on pc and on a very old laptop with millennium on it works fine. But nothing with windows 7 on it. but its not the only program i have had difficulty on using 7. Hence machines with vista still on them.

Craig
14-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Charlie Hopefully i will have rectified this problem later when i get hold of my mums laptop but the issue is the graphics driver does not have the ability to do GL rendering which is what silhoutte studio uses. It needs the orginal graphics driver deleting from the system and replacing with the the updated version so in my case the graphics driver is toshiba i need to delete that and input the Intel version of the driver and it will work apparently but i will update later to let you know incase it is any help to any one else.

JackB
14-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Have you tried right clicking on the Cameo program exe, clicking on preferences, compatability tab, then set to run on vista service pack 2 and tick the run as admin box, click apply and then try running caqmeo program.

Jack.

Charlie_
14-09-2012, 01:04 PM
It works fine on vista Jack but not on 7 i'm happily using it on vista machine.

Have you tried right clicking on the Cameo program exe, clicking on preferences, compatability tab, then set to run on vista service pack 2 and tick the run as admin box, click apply and then try running caqmeo program.

Jack.

JackB
14-09-2012, 01:12 PM
It works fine on vista Jack but not on 7 i'm happily using it on vista machine.

I meant for you to try that process of compatibility with it installed on the windows 7 computer.

Jack.

Charlie_
14-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Ah right see what your meaning. think I'll just lave it where it is. why try n fix it when its not broken on vista. but if ever i upgrade its a good point....

I meant for you to try that process of compatibility with it installed on the windows 7 computer.

Jack.

Craig
14-09-2012, 06:00 PM
cured the problem basically for anyone that has the same issue the graphics driver needs deleting out of the computer and then it will revert to the tandard windows driver then this needs updating to latest driver.

The reason for needing to delete the original driver is because some manfacturers remove the GL rendering from there driver so by removing the manfacturer driver and installing the proper 1 i my case Intel.

Hope this may help someone and any one need any help please feel free to message me and i will endevour to help.

Thanks for all the replies guys