PDA

View Full Version : Where to Buy Mugs?

SilentAlf
18-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi All,

Does any body know a good place to buy mugs to print on? Also at a good price lol :smile:

Justin
18-09-2012, 08:09 PM
You'll find a list of suppliers under the General Dye sub Forum. There are several types of coating and dishwasher/non dishwasher proof, 10oz, 11oz.

WorthDoingRight
18-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Does any body know a good place to buy mugs to print on? Also at a good price lol :smile:

Well I think we once worked out that there were so many different styles and sizes that without knowing what your requirements are no real answer could be given.

The cheapest mugs are not normally a lot cheaper than the tried and tested products available.

pisquee
18-09-2012, 09:49 PM
It also depends on the quantity you want and where you live.
There are companies set up to sell mugs singly, and some by the pallet load or even container load
Then it's whether you want to be able to drive around the corner and collect them yourself, or have to pay for a courier delivery.

jamesawol
16-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Hi Alf, I get mine from Raja UK. They get from the factory that supplies Xpres, so you get the same mug, but cheaper :-) Their website is http://www.raja-uk.com/

socialgiraffe
16-10-2012, 04:11 PM
used to get mine from RAJA but gave up as there was always supply issues. Get mine from BMS, they are cheaper and never stock issues.

jamesawol
16-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Really? I think they must have sorted whatever the stock issue was, got a stock list recently and they have tens of thousands available. Never had any issues, but I am only buying small qties at the moment. What coating do BMS use?

socialgiraffe
16-10-2012, 04:25 PM
RAJA are very much in bed with Keramikos. This means that if stocks are running low then it was up to Keramikos whether you could get them or not. I was constantly finding that they were having to check with them before releasing mugs. When I used to purchase from them I was buying a minimum of 504 at a time.

Now I purchase the European Extra Whites at 62p plus VAT from BMS. Not sure on the coating but I never get any failures and never had a single return in over 7,000 mugs (bit of a guess but it is a high number).

Plus with BMS you get loyalty points. Left mine alone for a while and got to spend £100.00 on some stuff I wanted for friends.

If you are going to use BMS which I recommend then I strongly suggest you become a premium member as you get good discounts from them

RogerC
16-10-2012, 04:39 PM
IMO don't mess around looking for 'cheap' stuff. IMO what is needed is reliable supplies, acceptable pricing and quality. With BMS you get all three consistently.

pisquee
16-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Raja approached us to see if we wanted to buy mugs from them, and the prices that they gave us were the best I had seen anywhere, but once we'd added in their shipping charges, it made more sense to go back to BMS.

Andrew
16-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Raja are more of a bulk supplier than just the odd box or 5. You need to get to pallet rate really to make it work. They can run out quite a bit as mentioned and 10k stock doesn't last long for a supplier like them. It can take a couple of orders from main printers and they are gone.

SilentAlf
16-10-2012, 06:29 PM
I have bought some blank mugs from Merlintransfers but not yet used them. i Hope they come out nice. I have not yet attempted printing out any templates yet as i am trying to learn as much as i can lol

monkyanger
08-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Is the cost of BMS mugs 62 + VAT plus delivery or does it include delivery

bms
08-11-2012, 08:42 AM

Different mugs are priced differently and prices online show inclusive as well as exclusive of vat prices. We have 2 cases if orca coated mugs left at £25 +vat each and I will have some very cheap 11oz non dishwasher proof mugs online soon at clearance prices (great for display items, testing, experimenting).

frazzle
08-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Add them in the basket then look in basket see if their is a delivery charge.