PDA

View Full Version : Trade Canvas offers...

chongsta
19-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi all,

as many of you know, my main business is canvas printing. Ive only just started with sub-dye, mostly mugs.

I also do trade for my canvases. I know a lot of people here are dabbling in canvas on a sub-dye basis but Im guessing because sub-dye can be done from desktop printers, you're not able to do large canvases over 13" wide (if you have an A3 printer)

And so....

I'm offering my services for larger canvases. for your infos, i use:

435GSM poly/cotton canvas (probably the heaviest canvas around) its from Belgium - not the very cheap Chinese rubbish!
Its Satin pre-coated and so gives a good shine but not too glossy and certainly not dull Matt.
I only print at high res (1080x1080DPI) at 75 dpi-full size or 300dpi quarter size (before anyone says anything, please dont mix up Lithograph printing with inkjet!) 75dpi at full size gives the same as 300 dpi (75dpi for Litho would be pixelated to hell!)
I use Eco-sol Max inks (solvent) CMYK
All frames are 1.5" thick gallery, not the thin 1.5cm (ewwww)
I can also print true black and white canvases. About a year ago Roland released an ICC profile for just this job, therefore you dont get green-blacks, the image is printed from the black cart only and doesnt use the CMY like so many other printers to make black.
I work hard :) and offer 100% money back if you (or your client) doesnt like the canvas!!!

I can drop ship if you want but thats a sticky area, Id prefer to send YOU the canvas and you deal with YOUR customer. Postage is transparent, i use DHL or HDNL £8.00 per canvas/consignment (its actually about £7.05 but i add £1.00 for the packaging). i can get about 3 or 4 canvases in one parcel, even large ones, theres a 10kilo limit and canvas is super light so if its possible and you want a few then Ill always do my best to arrange postage. I dont use Royal Mail at all unless you ask for it. The reason is simple, if the parcel is damaged then RM will not pay compo and Im sick of books of stamps, couriers pay up - eventually :)

typical prices...

12x12" - £15.00
24x16" - £30.00
24x36" - £44.00

I also do Tryptics (3 piece canvas) or 4 or 5 or 6 lol prices are size dependant but again it's trade so it wont break the bank but do remember that i have to make money as well :? lol

I can supply a full price list if you want, mail or PM your email addresses.

i also do mugs, t-shirts, mousemats..ooops! LOL

If you're looking for another angle to add to your business then think about canvas. I supply a few award winning photographers in Swansea and they are more than happy. photographers are super picky (and quite rightly) so i must be doing something right!

I can also do images onto acrylic as well, these are more expensive coz theyre a pain to do but the results are incredible, have a google about for acrylic and check retail prices! theyre silly high. Mine are on 5 or 8mm CAST acrylic with flame polished edges, I can supply the mounts but because theres so many varieties of mounts i tend to leave it upto you, i can send you links to sites for mounts and you can buy direct from them.

--------

Think canvas...think Dave (always wanted to say that hahaha)

Lataz yall
Dave.
p.s. sorry, i dont do credit or accounts, straight up cash, paypal, cheque or gold will do :)

p.p.s....I can also do large photographic prints as well, upto 28" wide by any length.

Paul
19-03-2010, 10:19 PM
great stuff mate! will use your service!
I do studio photography and often print canvas for people. but as u said... I can only do 12"x10" (streched) as I only have A3 printer. but now If somone ask me to do b iger one I know where to go ;)

sent PM for price list

thanx

PAul

chongsta
19-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Cheers Paul,

ive got your PM's, Ill send you the prices on monday ok...

---

Wow! I just googled for acrylic myself!....prices have seriously gone up. Im having a word with my acrylic cutter on monday to sort this out!

Dave.

chongsta
21-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi all,

Ive had a good responce to this and some questions, so rather than reply to all one at a time, heres some more info:

Lead times: I do try to work to a pace but not compromise quality. Like you all, i get busy periods and when this happens i queue the jobs for print. I can do roughly 15 canvases a day (im a one man band i might add!) and that includes packaging them as well. 90% of my work is ebay and ebayers demand fastness beyond light speed! lol...i had one order placed on a saturday night and actually got a mail on the sunday asking where the canvas was!! Im not sure if the guy was taking the mickey but his broken inglish did suggest he was serious.

anyhoo...i could turn around orders in a few days, maybe sooner depending on how busy I am. at the end of the day I want the work so I wont hang about because as we all know - tomorrow never comes :roll:

File Types:

I take your image at full size - 75dpi (not 300dpi)e.g you send me a 24x16" image at 75dpi. Ive had "discussions" numerous times with photographers who argue the fact that there would be pixelation - there isnt! inkjet print is different to Lithograph print and photo processing (Kodak stylee). If you dont know what Litho is, its printing for flyers, booklets etc etc, basically proper printing.
My clients e-mail high res JPG's purely for the size of e-mail mailboxes (hotmail is 10mb).

I will then further process the file into a TIFF for print. I print in CMYK and use the Euroscale coated V2 ICC profile in photoshop.

If you have the knowledge, then i ask you to convert your image to CMYK first just to check if theres any colour shifts e.g. blues, pink/purples and other vibrant colours arent printable in CMYK and therefore you might get some loss of colour. I had one client that makes kids into fairies and stuff, sitting on toadstools and whatnot, he used to design them with the most vibrant purples, when i showed him the colour shift he was amazed, he then understood what i meant.

working with new clients is about building a good raport, so i'll help all the way regarding the understanding of RGB vs CMYK

btw, my photoshop working space is set to Adobe RGB 98, please dont use sRGB as this is too bright and will fool you a little.

dont be put off by the tech speak if this is going over your head, i'll help you.

For black and whites, i use greyscale Gamma 2.2

Theres also the "wrap" to discuss. Theres 3:

A "mirror" wrap whereby i take approx 1.5" of the image and mirror it for the wrap around the frame.

A colour or cloud wrap, where i take 2 of the most prominent colours in the image and use "clouds" filter in photoshop to create a marbled/cloudy effect - very nice for some canvases, awful for others!

A plain white wrap, just the image is shown with plain edges.

Another that some are asking for is to have a logo placed on the wrap (mostly photographers ask for this).

You can google canvas makers to see what i mean by 'wraps'.

If anyone has anymore questions please ask here so that everyone can see my reply.

Cheers all
dave.