PDA

View Full Version : Another cameo ordered.

Dave271069
20-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Ordered mine today . Delivery tomorrow . Hope its as good as most people say. Well what can my first job be then on it?

WorthDoingRight
20-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Well I hope it brings you many hours of pleasure (and profit)

Dave271069
20-09-2012, 07:31 PM
At the moment I've been transferring tshirt. Got a order of my mate for 70 tshirt for his gym. Done 10 but now from tomorrow I'm hoping the next 6u0 will lead to more orders.

bigj2552
20-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Ordered mine today . Delivery tomorrow . Hope its as good as most people say. Well what can my first job be then on it?

something for yourself.....practice my friend...
Get some plain copier paper and learn how to contour cut - what i done at the start-sort of :rolleyes:. - Hell i'm STILL learning about my cameo and thats been months now lol.
then move on to vinyl when you can do that well.....using vinyl at the start bud will only cost you money...Listen to the silly ol git who done it..ME !
youtube was my best friend for "most" of the help, and er....Google :wink:.

you probably will have some bother with the settings at first - this is where "trail n error" comes in. Yes they(cameo) give you cutting settings ect but, not all blades are exactly the same believe it or not. Again, i know, already buggered up one blade so far :rolleyes:...but i learned from it.....your blade settings should NOT HAVE TO BE ABOVE 3 for anything, even cutting flock !.....always start blade settings LOW, then up the thickness, then - double cut if your not getting proper cut. Do this BEFORE you start upping blade sizes my friend.

there are so many little tips n tricks to be had with this machine, as i said, take time and have patience, lots on youtube to help you get started- You will get frustrated & p'd off, but hang in there - it will click eventually.
Good luck and enjoy your new cameo....when you get it set up and working proper - its a dream to use,.

Oh....spend the extra £29 later on to upgrade to the designer edition....more features and you can do your own Rhinestone designs really, really easy...If i can do it - anyone can :wink:

Dave271069
20-09-2012, 09:56 PM
something for yourself.....practice my friend...
Get some plain copier paper and learn how to contour cut - what i done at the start-sort of :rolleyes:. - Hell i'm STILL learning about my cameo and thats been months now lol.
then move on to vinyl when you can do that well.....using vinyl at the start bud will only cost you money...Listen to the silly ol git who done it..ME !
youtube was my best friend for "most" of the help, and er....Google :wink:.

you probably will have some bother with the settings at first - this is where "trail n error" comes in. Yes they(cameo) give you cutting settings ect but, not all blades are exactly the same believe it or not. Again, i know, already buggered up one blade so far :rolleyes:...but i learned from it.....your blade settings should NOT HAVE TO BE ABOVE 3 for anything, even cutting flock !.....always start blade settings LOW, then up the thickness, then - double cut if your not getting proper cut. Do this BEFORE you start upping blade sizes my friend.

there are so many little tips n tricks to be had with this machine, as i said, take time and have patience, lots on youtube to help you get started- You will get frustrated & p'd off, but hang in there - it will click eventually.
Good luck and enjoy your new cameo....when you get it set up and working proper - its a dream to use,.

Oh....spend the extra £29 later on to upgrade to the designer edition....more features and you can do your own Rhinestone designs really, really easy...If i can do it - anyone can :wink:

Thankyou for a good reply, im in work at mo and im on you tube as i type, lots to learn, bought some clothing vinyl with the cameo but yep it can wait till i get my practise in. i mainly want it for hoodies, and tees but you never know whats round the corner. need to learn all the correct flocks etc to get for it as i find this the most confusing part, :confused:

Craig
20-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Will be following the advice on this thread closely as I have just had mine delivered today

Dave271069
22-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Well it's arrived, now setting up and will be playing with the software etc tonight...