PDA

View Full Version : Cameo Help

Dave271069
23-09-2012, 10:14 PM
ok, ive had my cameo for a whole day now, but ive no orders to get on with from freinds and family so ive run out of ideas , i orderd my cameo with a load of vinyl for clothing, and i also had a free roll of vinyl when i bought my heat press off signzworld, i think its for garments but not to sure as i dont know the difference between my flocks and my fuxxs.:confused:
my friend has given me a logo he wants on tshirts, i have printed it out on transfer paper and he was happy enough, can i cut this logo out on my cameo ? all i can do at the mo is cut a square around it but i dont know if its possible to cut it out , would it look ok ? can anyone talk me through the process of cutting around my own designs and not just squares.
thanks Dave

bms
23-09-2012, 10:22 PM
ok, ive had my cameo for a whole day now, but ive no orders to get on with from freinds and family so ive run out of ideas , i orderd my cameo with a load of vinyl for clothing, and i also had a free roll of vinyl when i bought my heat press off signzworld, i think its for garments but not to sure as i dont know the difference between my flocks and my fuxxs.:confused:
my friend has given me a logo he wants on tshirts, i have printed it out on transfer paper and he was happy enough, can i cut this logo out on my cameo ? all i can do at the mo is cut a square around it but i dont know if its possible to cut it out , would it look ok ? can anyone talk me through the process of cutting around my own designs and not just squares.
thanks Dave

You need to bring the image into the Cameo software and use the tool to create a cut line around the image. Once done, print it from the Cameo software including the registration marks, load the material into the Cameo , detect the registration marks and the Cameo will cut around the image.

accdave
23-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Can't tell you step by step as I don't have Cameo at home. Open the jpg file in Cameo and use Trace. Just check the help section for tracing.

accdave
23-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Having read Martin's reply I assumed cutting it out of flex in one colour.

Dave271069
23-09-2012, 10:35 PM
i see many nights ahead reading and reading before i start making some t-shirts etc...

bms
23-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Having read Martin's reply I assumed cutting it out of flex in one colour.

Or print it onto Printable Flex (Durabrite Inkjet) or OBM5.6 or Laser Dark (Laser) in full colour and cut around the image.

WorthDoingRight
24-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Well, the logo looks like it could be cut out of t-shirt flex in a single colour or cut out as two different blues. I think we may all be confusing you as we are not sure how you intend to actually produce the image you wish to put on the shirt or with what method.

Dave271069
24-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for replys
As it's all a new process for me I need to purchase flex or flock?
I have a few vinyls but I'm starting to think they are not whT I want for tshirts as the feel just ain't as good as some tshirts I have at home. Big learning curve yet.

WorthDoingRight
24-09-2012, 09:45 AM
T-shirt flex is the smooth kind of thin plastic material, t-shirt flock is the 'furry' kind of material. Most of the t-shirt flex I have bought is thin, stretches well and feels nice. I would suggest you buy a metre of a few different types of flex and see what you like. Try somewhere like mdp supplies website to look at the kinds they offer. I have bought t-shirt flex from signzworld and it has a nice feel as well as from yolo - so there are plenty of good flexes out there.

bigj2552
24-09-2012, 11:21 AM
T-shirt flex is the smooth kind of thin plastic material, t-shirt flock is the 'furry' kind of material. Most of the t-shirt flex I have bought is thin, stretches well and feels nice. I would suggest you buy a metre of a few different types of flex and see what you like. Try somewhere like mdp supplies website to look at the kinds they offer. I have bought t-shirt flex from signzworld and it has a nice feel as well as from yolo - so there are plenty of good flexes out there.

i would suggest to the chap to buy the ready made cut sizes for the cameo .
because they are around £2.25 per sheet, compared to £6.00+ per sheet for a mtr.....and he can get MORE samples for his money, and he IS gonna waste a lot...I know, I did the same thing at the begining.

He can buy the better value MTR when he has more confidance with his cameo and wastes less.

WorthDoingRight
24-09-2012, 12:26 PM
i would suggest to the chap to buy the ready made cut sizes for the cameo .
because they are around £2.25 per sheet, compared to £6.00+ per sheet for a mtr.....and he can get MORE samples for his money, and he IS gonna waste a lot...I know, I did the same thing at the begining.

He can buy the better value MTR when he has more confidance with his cameo and wastes less.

Well I think this makes sense, however I was just in general talking about where I had bought from for my cutters (which are both not the cameo). I have in all honesty not had a bad flex as yet although Paul did say the coralgraph stuff was not very nice so I left that well alone until they send me a sample to evaluate I will take his advice lol

bigj2552
24-09-2012, 01:39 PM
and agree with you worth on vinyl suppliers....
MDP SUPPLYS & YOLO for me at the moment

Dave271069
25-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I need a book called cameo for dummies!
Still haven't produced anything great yet but I've defiantly turned a big corner, first mistake was printing on the wrong side of the vinyl, thank god for telephones and MDP tech guys lol. I've also realised the logo was utter crxp. So I've redesigned it myself in the silhouette software and it's now easier to cut. Im finding the Trace a little difficult but I'm getting closer each day. Maybe next Xmas ill produce my first Xmas tshirts,
in an ideal world it would be great to spend a day with someone that uses the same software etc but then again locally I would be there competitor so can't see this happening.
oh well nearly there:rolleyes: