PDA

View Full Version : flock glue

bigj2552
28-09-2012, 01:49 PM
how do i get some flock glue of my hoodie ?

only a small square but its in a prominent bit :rolleyes:

i need it form 4pm to show someone :eek:

help

WorthDoingRight
28-09-2012, 02:16 PM
WEll you could try ironing it with a piece of absorbent paper to see if the glue will transfer to that instead? Otherwise not too sure what you could use as a solvent.

Paul
28-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Normaly glue apear when to much heat is used. So i would try to wash it :-)

bigj2552
28-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Normaly glue apear when to much heat is used. So i would try to wash it :-)

not that paul...was my own fault....was doing something else and a bit stuck to the silicon sheet....long story.

glue side up ffs....

gonna try and get some kind of square image i can cut out for flock and place it under the letter, and letter on the other word....
have tryed wet n rub with some suds...bit came of, but now the bloody material if fluffed up where i rubbed it :mad:

will keep this one for my self....and buy some more....mumble....mumble....lesson learned....mumble.....:rolleyes:

mrs maggot
28-09-2012, 05:52 PM
remember the thread the otherday about the girlfriends name ???? any of the solutions there will work

bigj2552
28-09-2012, 08:15 PM
remember the thread the otherday about the girlfriends name ???? any of the solutions there will work

aye just remembered it laura(off to buy some remover).....my brains fried :wink:
managed to get most of it off..... will fire it in the wash tomorrow, give the other bits of flock time to settle down, then see what it looks like....learned a hell of a lot of off this first hoodie....

slightly different to T's.....spacing, letter sizing, lining words up proper, bigger area to work with..

this one will do for nippin up to the shops if it doesnt turnout well after wash.....but i think it will TBH :wink:

johnny

Kahboose
14-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Handy post this , I attempted flock on my first trial and error caps last night and also got the glue stuck to the item luckly it was just a mess about item not for anyone so the son was happy to sit and rub it off as i told him he could keep it lol
On that note i found that I had the temp way too high and also the pressure as second attempt at 165c and medium to light press turned out perfect ;)

Paul
14-02-2013, 02:15 PM
I wonder how you doing with your new press... And love to see some picturestoo :)