PDA

View Full Version : Pressure!

arko
29-09-2012, 07:06 PM
How does one find the typical pressure for a transfer?... by transfer quality?... by t-shirt quality?....by press quality?...
This seems to be a myth to me?.... Apart from the wrench I need to adjust the pressure of a bog-standard press... is there a guideline to actually follow or is it all hit and miss as in other ways of printing??

arko
29-09-2012, 07:34 PM
More pressure now!.... Just tried a test run using the cutter function, nearly took the rail off!... Good job it was only with the plotter pen! hahaha!... At least they supplied me with 3 blades!... I might be going through them before I know it!.. also... didnt waste some vinyl! aaarrrgghhh! There definately has to be an art to this cheapo UK720... btw... using signgo pro! :redface:

WorthDoingRight
29-09-2012, 10:43 PM
The blade should should just be visible out of the holder and to get the right pressure try a test cut at a low setting and if it doesnt cut through increase it till it does. Most vinyls cut at settings around 64g

arko
29-09-2012, 11:18 PM
You the man WDR!!!... Just tested on a bit of sign vinyl... with a pressure of about 80g!!!!... Didnt go through!... I been putting it on no.1 which is equivelant to 50g!... Works!