PDA

View Full Version : MUG Letter Bleed

JackB
30-09-2012, 12:19 PM
A problem has decided to appear out of nowhere. I am still usin the same ink (Sawgrass in Richo 7000), same paper (Truprint) Same mug press settings 175c -170 secs Heavy pressure (xpres studio press, Adkins).
For some reason the lettering on the mug has decided to bleed, a fine ghosting mist around the edge of the letters The letters are in the top, middle and bottom part of the mug, (blue ink don;t know if that matters)
I have tried doing another mug the other way round in the press but still got the same problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jack

bms
30-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Sounds like you might need to do a rare head clean on the Ricoh. Ink has to come ffrom somewhere and it's likely you're not noticing it on the paper but its showing when sublimated.

Justin
30-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Just thinking out loud.....is it possible this may happen because of slightly damp paper?

JackB
30-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Found out if I put a thin black outline on the letters it stops the bleed , but the bleed still happens on the logo. I did sample the blue off the logo to get the same shade for the letering, so maybe it's the shade of blue . I got the logo of the proposed clients website.
Did a different sample mug on the same sheet of paper at the same time and that turned out alright, so thaty but me in doubt about damp paper or head clean.

Jack

bms
30-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Found out if I put a thin black outline on the letters it stops the bleed , but the bleed still happens on the logo. I did sample the blue off the logo to get the same shade for the letering, so maybe it's the shade of blue . I got the logo of the proposed clients website.
Did a different sample mug on the same sheet of paper at the same time and that turned out alright, so thaty but me in doubt about damp paper or head clean.

Jack

possibly the image doesn't have a clean edge to it then if its taken from
a website and saved as a low quality jpg

Printcess Jen
20-06-2013, 10:38 PM
hi, just found this as i was searching the posts, I had this problem too but have just sorted it (i think!) the print heads needed realigning. I did give them a clean as well too... so for anyone that may come across this post..try print head alignments and then print head cleaning. :smile: