PDA

View Full Version : Domain aliasas

bigj2552
03-10-2012, 01:14 PM
as most know, i have 4 domian aliasas set up through plesk....but 3 of them keep pointing to - "value my website" web site, and NOT redirecting to my original domain.
have spoke to host - they say this is google cache(valuemywebsite) of the domain before i got it. so it takes a while to propgate over :confused: - utter tosh - they ALL worked for the first 4 wks - now they dont.

and.....
if that was the case - and the domian was cached BEFORE i got them - why does it have my - opening delayed in the writting ?.....if it wasnt mine, then that shouldnt be there right ? :confused:

or are the extra aliasas using more bandwidth and they no likey ?

sucks paying form extra domains and they aint doing what there supposed to do :rolleyes:

WorthDoingRight
03-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Odd as normally you can redirect your own webnames to another from your domain tools section and they propogate through fairly quickly. With my hosting via Smitch, I can host all my webnames in seperate directories so I share my hosting package between the names each with their own website. I currently also have four webnames, I only so far advertise the one but have another hosted on my account already and have got to think about what I am going to do with the other two.

Charlie_
03-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Have you gone to your control panel and redirected the domain names to the site that you want to show?

bigj2552
03-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Have you gone to your control panel and redirected the domain names to the site that you want to show?

aye charlie.....they were all working great bud....i was just happening to do my rountine website checks and found they were buggered but one.

have deleted them and reinstalled them....se how i get on....give them 1 wk, then its back on to kick up with host...again