PDA

View Full Version : Heat press misaligned

crystaluk
04-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I have been trying my best to be patient with my sublimation journey slowly getting things right like paper, profile substrates etc... My latest problem which I realised a little too late after wasting many blanks later is the heat press isn't straight!:mad: We have had it for over a year and only used it a handful of times so no going back to seller but has anyone had this problem and experience before hubby strips it and realises sorry I don't think I can fix it!1221

jennywren
04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I had a similar problem and I had like a door wedge done at angle, and it works for us, if you had it for a year will the seller take it back, if not try this method.

Ian M
04-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I had a similar problem and I had like a door wedge done at angle, and it works for us, if you had it for a year will the seller take it back, if not try this method.

Good idea Jenny :wink:

If the bed is bolted into place you might be able to level it out using a few washers on one side.

crystaluk
04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks guys how do you mean Jenny?the press is like this right to the back on the right side any pics to show me pls?!! From what I can see there are only 4 bolts at the top under the handle which I think we will unscrew and see what happens

jennywren
04-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I also had made a wooden ( the size of the bottom place) square of the bottom of the press that raised the height, so when I wanted to make it a tighter fit I didn't have to fiddle to much and the level was kept. If I've not explained well I can pm you with my mobile so I can verbal explain

WorthDoingRight
04-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Have you tried a spirit level on the press lid and the bottom plate and the frame of the press to see which piece is actually out of alignment? A photograph taken of the clamping mechanism from the front and side might also help work out if it is a twisted arm section or something with the mounting holes etc. If all fails then send it to bigj2552 as he has a way with bending items to his liking lol

crystaluk
04-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks Jenny I will do but I had duh moment I think I know what you were talking about. Well I unscrewed the top platen and its the top that's soldered on that takes the bolts it not welded equally. You're so right I need a spirit level I think to find out exactly where it's not level and trial and error from there. Thanks for the input guys

jennywren
04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Do let us know if you sorted it and how, it will be good info and help for the next person, I do think that you will fix and get more hours and pleasure out of your heat press and most importantly earn its keep