PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter? Upper or lower case?

Earl Smith
08-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Just before my recent holiday I printed 50 t-shirts with the domain name in capitals.
I was in a hurry and didnt think. Now the customer has returned and wants them in lower case.
Does it matter? When I type the web site address in capitals it still comes to the right website.
I will redo them but does it really matter? Capitals or lower case?

GoldRapt
08-10-2012, 04:09 PM
That's odd, I normally see them in upper case , especially on motor vehicles.
I also see then in lower case and where the first letter of the URL is Upper case and the rest lower case.

I suppose it is all in the eye of the beholder but I would agree with you.

WorthDoingRight
08-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Neither web addresses or email addresses are case sensitive. To be honest they are making something out of nothing. Personally most would prefer BIGGER letters than smaller letters.

purpledragon
08-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Neither web addresses or email addresses are case sensitive. To be honest they are making something out of nothing. Personally most would prefer BIGGER letters than smaller letters.
Have to disagree here they are the customer afterall if i went to have t shirts printed and gave my info as lower case then id expect lowercase ive learnt not to take artistic license as far as customer requests go im afraid if they gave you the info in lowercase then tahts what they should recieve lets face it if the customer spelt a name wrong and said to you i want it changed i bet you'd say "well thats how you spelt it" expensive lesson but i bet you dont repeat it

socialgiraffe
08-10-2012, 05:44 PM
It doesn't matter, it is just personal preference.

If they signed off a proof then you do not need to reprint, or if they wrote it down in capitals then the same applies. But if they wrote it down in lower case and you did it in capitals and did not show them a proof you are going to have to bite the bullet and reprint unfortunately.

You could always try that vinyl remover stuff to remove the old and replace. Not sure how good it works but I am sure someone on here will tell you.

Justin
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Personally I'd always do email addys and websites in lower case unless instructed otherwise.

Earl Smith
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
There was never anything said or agreed with the customer about upper or lower case. True, in the past Ive always printed in lower case but this job looked better in upper.
The customer is a friend of mine and we often do favours for each other so I should just keep quiet and fix it. It will come off by pressing again and picking it off with tweezers. I use the spray sometimes as well but it stinks.

Thanks for your reply's.

Earl.