PDA

View Full Version : Burn baby burn

Greensleeves
26-03-2010, 11:26 PM
Does everyone here use some extra paper between the mug blanket and the paper on the mug and if so why? :D

Andrew
27-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Nope

Paul
27-03-2010, 01:19 AM
I do :) sometimes :D coz some mugs geting yellow to quick ;)

R.Prints
27-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Paul,
I use the paper most times, I found that there was occasions where the ink left faint image shadows on the wrap which was then tranfered onto the next mug if paper was not used, and the area on the mug which was not covered would frequenlly stain a yellow/brown colour. The paper wraps cost next to nothing in comparison with wasted mugs.
Good luck
Ray 8-)

AJLA
27-03-2010, 12:00 PM
I use them too although I just cut up greaseproof paper.

accdave
27-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I've always used them. Something I was told to do and stuck with it. In fact just had a boxful made :D

frizbee
27-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Hi,

In over 50,000 we haev never needed to use a piece of paper.

If the paper burns it usually means that the temp is a little high. Types of paper can make a small difference to the temp needed and needs to be taken into account. Also making sure the wrap is not overly tight as this can also cause the ink to leach through.

If you are using, xpres, truepix, or epson photo matte, you should not have any ink leach through even when doing oven prints in cactus wraps, soem of the cheap paers on ebay are too cheap and this does happen more.

DAvid