PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else using the HTP 616 please

GoldRapt
18-10-2012, 04:36 PM
As per the title, is anyone else using the HTP 616 please?
If so, are you only printing on 11oz Mugs or have you found a way to wrap different sizes please?

Thanks in advance

WorthDoingRight
18-10-2012, 04:39 PM
When I googled that press I thought for a minute I was looking at an old valve radio!

Maybe the picture will help jog someones mind as to the answer to your question.

socialgiraffe
18-10-2012, 04:47 PM
I used to use them many moons ago.

From what I remember the machine is not the problem as long as you can get whatever it is you are printing over the metal protection cone. You will however need the proper cactus wraps for whatever it is you want to press.

We did for one client raise the mug up slightly as it was a latte style. But the print area at the bottom of the mug had to be raised to compensate for the fact that there was no heat in that area.

GoldRapt
18-10-2012, 06:48 PM
When I googled that press I thought for a minute I was looking at an old valve radio!

Maybe the picture will help jog someones mind as to the answer to your question.

Thanks for the photo, but I imagined,wrongly,that everyone knew of tmt's various products.

I used to use them many moons ago.

From what I remember the machine is not the problem as long as you can get whatever it is you are printing over the metal protection cone. You will however need the proper cactus wraps for whatever it is you want to press.

We did for one client raise the mug up slightly as it was a latte style. But the print area at the bottom of the mug had to be raised to compensate for the fact that there was no heat in that area.

Thank you for sharing that info socialgiraffe, I have een wondering if other wraps could be used, I will go check Martins pace for cactus.

Stitch Up
18-10-2012, 06:59 PM
We have the 616 - got it years ago. It use halogen bulbs to produce the heat.

GoldRapt
18-10-2012, 07:24 PM
We have the 616 - got it years ago. It use halogen bulbs to produce the heat.

Spot on John, I have the pre sublimation version.

Stitch Up
18-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi Tony

I understand TMT sell a new 'updated' version for use with ink (ours was laser). Do you have any idea what the difference is?

John

GoldRapt
18-10-2012, 07:44 PM
No John, I have the HTP 616 Plus (!) this was laser only, the next model had a switch for laser and sublimation. Is this the one you are talking about or is there a third model?
I have tried emailing Owen at TMT but they have yet to respond .

Stitch Up
18-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, mine is laser and I was interested in the sublimation version. I emailed TMT asking if there was a conversion, they replied saying it couldn't be converted! I'm of the opinion that it could be modified in some way and would like to see the inards of the new sublimation model :) Anyone?

socialgiraffe
18-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Hi Goldrapt

I know that TMT are absolutely snowed under right now due to the sucess of their new white laser printer. Responses are taking longer than normal so you may have to bear with them.

Have seen some results of the new white printer and have to admit, bloomin impressive!

S<

Ask_Alan
25-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi Stitch up

the lamp press (the HTP616) was originally for laser only - the lamp came on for a time and gave a peek temperature to the mug, ideal for toner, useless for sublimation. A new version was made some years ago which had a T/S switch. With this one in the S setting the lamp pulses, giving a more even heat for sublimation. Its still not ideal for continious use with sublimation as the heat spreader gets hot. you need to let it cool. Best used with CLC mugs even for Sublimation.

As for updating a laser only to the T/s version. in theory it can be done, you need a hole in the front for the switch, new electronics (they are very different) and new switches. The only part you keep is the lamps and box. Its just not worth it I'm afraid even if we could get the factory to release boards.
Alan
TheMagicTouch
PS its a bit maniac around here with the White OKI ;)

GoldRapt
25-10-2012, 06:12 PM
That's great Alan, I wonder if Owen will get round to answering my email about my HTP 616 ?

Hi Owen,
Sorry to trouble you.
As discovered my HTP is a pre sub model. It came with ratchet tightening wrap.
It does normal "workman's" type 11oz mugs. I fancy doing shaped mugs like a latte mug.
Do you sell different type wraps that fit different shape mugs for use on my machine please?
Regards

I appreciate that you are busy with the white ok, I have the 5600N :( something else that's been overtaken :((

Ask_Alan
25-10-2012, 06:33 PM
hi
the C5600 was one of the best A4 printers OKI produced in my opinion ( thats not official TMT opinion).

There are no cone shaped wraps for the 616 and given the latte mugs I've seen - we have 2 here - I suspect they would explode as they have thick walls so would not be great on the lamp press if they could be fitted.
Just tried, the smaller one james on the metal can, the tall one would only heat part way!
Wraps now are metal not the strap wrenches but only for the 11oz and 6oz with the small lamp kit

alan

GoldRapt
25-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Thanks Alan. So it's another mug press purchase for me then :-(

Ask_Alan
26-10-2012, 10:04 AM
for those cone shaped things, then yes just make sure the press and the mug fit each other. there seem to be be several cone shaped mugs about and several different shaped presses :mad:

GoldRapt
26-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I'll check out the TMT site to see what laser based product it has for my okic5600 .