PDA

View Full Version : Mapping software

Kaz
30-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Totally random query, and nothing to do with printing etc :lol:

I need to map a specific route, by foot, and was wondering if anyone had any mapping software, or know where I could obtain a download of something that will help. 8-)

I've got to map 5 routes that our local council say are safe for our children to walk, and need to know the distances involved, because as far as we have been told, they are outwith council policies on walking distances to school.

R.Prints
30-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi Kaz,
I have Ordinance Survey maps for the whole of the UK on disc, if you have grid refs or route stadge names send them over and I will see what I can do for you.
Ray

Justin
30-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Ray, are these the maps that show individual houses as well? I stopped to ask a BT guy directions a while back and he brought the house up, very impressive. Are the maps available to buy?
Justin

Kaz
30-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Ray

The link on the councils website that has the routes on, is not working just now, grrrr.

Having said that, it's a bit of a headache trying to figure out what they mean anyway, they have routes overlapping, and it took 5 of us and a local Councillor about half an hour tonight to get our heads round them :(

Will try and get the link and post it here for you.

Thanks ever so much :D

I've even phoned the local high school to see if I can borrow a trundle wheel so I can walk the routes myself and measure them :shock:

I hasten to add, I don't walk anywhere, if I can avoid it :lol:

R.Prints
30-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Will look at maps tomorrow and let you know how detailed they are. The case says they are ideal for walkers and cyclists, the scale is 1:25,000, but if I remember correctly it also has a zoom facility. Will look and let you know .
Hope I can help you
Ray

Kaz
31-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Ray

Just to let you know, I managed to measure the routes with google earth :D

Thanks for your very kind offer though, much appreciated :)

Kaz

R.Prints
31-03-2010, 05:04 PM
If you need any mapping in the future Kaz just let me know and if I can I will help.
Ray :D

Kaz
31-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Will do, thanks :D