PDA

View Full Version : T shirt advice

dazjames
25-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Hello, I asked a question about mugs and got some very helpful replies so thanks for that. Now to t shirts.

There is a company based in the states called rotten cotton which make some fantastic shirts. Many are simple
white on black designs.
file:///C:/Users/Darren/Desktop/183-ZombieUpdated.png
I am fairly competent with photoshop and gimp but are not sure how to produce the style of images rotton cotton use. Many appear to be based from photographs, but something is done to obtain that graphic style white effect.

Now to cost. I know a screen costs about £20 to set up per colour so ignoring the price of the screen and garment how much per shirt is a good price to pay for a white on black print. I can provide shirts as I can get them cheap through my employers uniform supplies.

Should I have problems with design is there anyone on the forum who could take my rough designs and apply the required effects and finishing, obviously for a fee. The designs will be simple with large lettering and an image rendered to look simular to the rotton cotten range.

I am thinking I would rather work with a skilled one man band or small set up rather than a huge online print shop.

Thanks so much for all your help. Fingers crossed I can provide members with some paid work.

Darren

PS. I am not a business as such. Money from my wages will be used to start this project up. I am looking to start small to test water.

Earl Smith
25-10-2012, 10:35 AM
http://advancedtshirts.com/tutorials/categories/coreldraw-tutorials/262/grey-scale-color-separations-in-coreldraw.html
Here is a Corel Drew Tutorial showing how to make those colour seps.
Try someone with a DTG printer. Maybe they can print for you without screen costs etc.

dazjames
25-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for tips earl. Will look into dtg

Earl Smith
25-10-2012, 11:27 AM
John Coopers a member on here. He has a DTG.