PDA

View Full Version : Embroidery outsourcing...

acetees
04-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I've been asked to provide a fair bit of merchandise to a local football team, part of that they want 24 baseball caps and 24 ski bob hats with the badge embroidered on. I've asked a local embroiderer I know for a price and they've quoted me £5 per item (I believe she already has the badge digitised). Is this a good price? Is anyone on here near Manchester who can give me a quote, or alternatively further afield via post?

Cheers,
Chris.

ASO Embroidery
05-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi Chris,
I would say it all depends on a few different things you say £5.00 per item is that just for the embroidery work or including the caps if its with the caps I would say thats ok all depending on the quality. If its just for the embroidery and there is a seperate charge for the caps and she has the logo digitized already she may be losing the digitizing set up fee in her price but without knowing all the details Its difficult to tell exactly you do say she may have the logo already digitized is she going to have a seperate charge on top of the item price or she may have included that in with the £5.00 per item price whats the Logo like is it a complex design? sorry cant be of more help.

Regards,
Sammy.

Earl Smith
05-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Also be wary of the digitising. As long as the formate is Dst it should be ok. But what has it been digitised for? If its a Polo or a patch then it has to be worked on to sew out properly on a cap. Caps are different, they have to sew from the visor outwards and from the center out as well. 9 times out of 10, if someone brings me a digitised file I have to re work it so it sews properly.

logobear
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
The hat blanks will be about £1.50 each
A commercial embroiderer might charge £2 each for 50 units - but a highstreet embroiderer will hope for £5 per item
How much can YOU charge your customer?

acetees
05-11-2012, 12:30 PM
That's where I'm going lgogobear. I don't think I could justify chasing in the region of £9 when they want to sell them on.

logobear
05-11-2012, 05:15 PM
We sell at end user prices, so there is little left to add a margin. If you are out-sourcing, unless you know a trade embroider it is a no-go.
Trade embroidereres tend to just charge a 'hoop' cost, - from 65p an item, but they want big orders. Hats are always more....