PDA

View Full Version : First heat press!!!

beefyor1983
05-11-2012, 10:28 PM
hi guys only startin out and am looking at different heat presses. to be honest i wana keep it cheap to start of maybe get a combo press 5 in 1 up to 7 in 1. What do you reckon would be the best option or am i safer spending bit more and buying seperate presses. Are any of the cheaper models on the likes of ebay any good? or am i safer goin with the likes of bms etc

Paul
06-11-2012, 06:58 AM
They all sor of cheap press. All xame from china. And only diferenc is th support. That very important...

I own all i one press an is good hobby machine but i would not rely on it as a busines press. Buy best yo can afford if you planing to do it as a busines. If you planing to do only couple o presses a day then all in one will do the job.

purpledragon
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
hi guys only startin out and am looking at different heat presses. to be honest i wana keep it cheap to start of maybe get a combo press 5 in 1 up to 7 in 1. What do you reckon would be the best option or am i safer spending bit more and buying seperate presses. Are any of the cheaper models on the likes of ebay any good? or am i safer goin with the likes of bms etc
When i first started a few years ago i wanted to keep it cheap so i bought a cheap combo and cheap paper etc then after a couple of weeks i had to buy it all over again somehow it didnt work out that cheap after all

sonywiz
06-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Why do you need a 5in1 ? I made the mistake & bought a 7 in 1 I only use the heat press & mug press. I thought it was a good idea too at the time. But you soon realise what sells & what doesn't.

Your better off buying an a larger Press Not the ones with the combo & separate mug press to start with. At the end of the day i believe most of the presses are from China (Probably Wrong).

quasar
06-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Why do you need a 5in1 ? I made the mistake & bought a 7 in 1 I only use the heat press & mug press. I thought it was a good idea too at the time. But you soon realise what sells & what doesn't.

Your better off buying an a larger Press Not the ones with the combo & separate mug press to start with. At the end of the day i believe most of the presses are from China (Probably Wrong).

i agree, I bought a 5 in 1, but really only use the main press, the mug press and a couple of hats. Clocks and T shirts are my main sales at present with a few mugs. Think carefully about what you want to do before you buy and look around at the market.

beefyor1983
06-11-2012, 06:58 PM
the thing is im not sure what i want i know i need a flat press which does a wide variety and a mug press was going to be my main thing so that also. i just thought if i bought a combo it wouldnt limit my product range and i dont know which products will take off best for me. I thought if i purchase this and if it dosnt work out ive limited my losses not that im being negative before i even start im just trying to be as realistic as i can. my main products was going to be merchandise for local clubs and groups like gaelic,soccer and rugby teams to include mugs, umbrellas etc. Anyone recomend other products to target at this market. Also what size of flat press will i need

Paul
06-11-2012, 08:37 PM
let say your best sellers will be baseball hats and t-shirts... you will be swapping attachment like a ninja :)

beefyor1983
06-11-2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/combo-swing-away-tshirt-mug-plate-cap-heat-press-for-sublimation-new-1yw-/140788623117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20c7a7e70d is this kinda thing just pure crap?

Paul
06-11-2012, 10:12 PM
If you read description it says that yo pay for tshirt press only an mug attachment is free as a gift... Wired

how about plate and hat attachments.

beefyor1983
06-11-2012, 10:31 PM
yes bit dodgy alright thats the 50gbp free gift i guess. i bet it means the mug press isnt covered by the year warranty but i mean theres loads of others but are these kinda things crap!!!

beefyor1983
06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-In-1-Combo-Flat-Heat-T-Shirt-Mug-Cap-Plate-Press-Sublimation-Pressing-/251177640779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a7b5aa34b

Ian M
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Brian, It really is upto you what you buy but, it looks quite good for the money & it says there is a 12 month warranty too which is always a good thing to have. They also have 100% feedback which also a plus point too.

Heatpressuk
10-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Some of the combo ones you see from eBay and some other sources are a problem as once something goes wrong they cannot be repaired. Having experienced this with many customers we've seen this problem over and over again. Even the elements are different and although they can be replaced its not a simple swap. Best to pay a little more and get the back up with a supplier. If you did decide to go for a combo and you did have 2 good lines i.e. caps and shirts and swapping like a ninja you can always get a separate control panel from a supplier who sells these separately.

twinsgran
12-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I've been looking at the ones on ebay too. The combo ones only seem to have the 30cm x 38 cm plate whereas I need a bigger one.

beefyor1983
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
yes im leaning towards buying a larger flat press on ebay and a mug press from the likes of bms or another supplier. You can get good enough large flat heat presses