PDA

View Full Version : Best way to do keep calm tshirts?

Dave271069
10-11-2012, 12:47 PM
I've been approached by a retailer in my area who as requested lots of keep calm and his own slogan t-shirts. He want to sell and give them away to customers and local sports teams who use his shop, (a butchers)
What I would like to know is what would you suggest as a good way to do the KC logo. Would you cut the lettering out of in vinyl nd press on to a coloured tshirt, would you cut the lettering out on coloured vinyl eg greens blues reds and press onto white tshirts. Or has anyone ever weeded out the lettering and pressed on the vinyl that is left so you would have a square of coloured vinyl and the keep calm logo etc would be cut out showing the tshirt underneath if you know I'm talking about.
To cut it short what is the best method to print keep calm t-shirts.
Ta
Dave

accdave
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
I've been approached by a retailer in my area who as requested lots of keep calm and his own slogan t-shirts. He want to sell and give them away to customers and local sports teams who use his shop, (a butchers)
What I would like to know is what would you suggest as a good way to do the KC logo. Would you cut the lettering out of in vinyl nd press on to a coloured tshirt, would you cut the lettering out on coloured vinyl eg greens blues reds and press onto white tshirts. Or has anyone ever weeded out the lettering and pressed on the vinyl that is left so you would have a square of coloured vinyl and the keep calm logo etc would be cut out showing the tshirt underneath if you know I'm talking about.
To cut it short what is the best method to print keep calm t-shirts.
Ta
Dave

I would have thought the answer is, whatever way the customer wants them :)

Dave271069
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
No, the customer has given me a idea what he wants, it's down to me to give him a example which will sell that idea back to him. I've got the design but looking for the best way to produce the item.

bigj2552
10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
simples - print and contour cut the lettering and the logo...that is if you want it to look nice n neat without any square border around it -which smacks of cheap looking and printer cant be bothered IMHO.

I done it with flock no problems at all...:wink:

white lettering or black is the standard norm - with crown matching.

Paul
10-11-2012, 07:34 PM
guy was leaving work so i did for him orange flock "keep calm and sit on my face" looked brilliant and he loved it!!!

"sentence is well known and ver funny to him :)"

Dave271069
10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
So something like this should be ok ?
lush's is the name of his butchers, no crown just a little piggy.

bigj2552
10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
guy was leaving work so i did for him orange flock "keep calm and seat on my face" looked brilliant and he loved it!!!

"sentence is well known and ver funny to him :)"

LMAO.....i take it you got the "seat" word wrong lol, or you just being polite here my ol son :tongue:

and i have one for myself in bright green flock on black t-shirt..stands out like hell :cool:

bigj2552
10-11-2012, 07:45 PM

way to small bud....

Dave271069
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Ok, thanks
t-shirt is a xl . I'm gona give him another one free so maybe ill do the next one bigger, but how big.?

bigj2552
10-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Ok, thanks
t-shirt is a xl . I'm gona give him another one free so maybe ill do the next one bigger, but how big.?

i done mine at - word "calm" was 10" max across - the "keep" was 8" so it sits in the middle of the calm word...the other words depends on what you wanna put on there....you want it to be big enough, but when you put your arms down, you should still be able to see the writing ok without the end letters getting obscured with the fabric when your arms are down .

hope that helps a bit

note...and thats on a xxl and a xxxl shirt

Every one has there own way of doing these...ask others on here and it will prob be different...

Paul
10-11-2012, 08:05 PM
lol :)
it should be sit :)

bit BIGGER and higher and will look good :D

logobear
10-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Higher.....

Dave271069
10-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello to you too logobear! :tongue:

bigj2552
11-11-2012, 01:54 AM
you want the logo to be 4 fingers down from the collar.....that will give you a starting position, and the sizes i gave you should be right for the "keep calm" bit.
you can judge the rest of the text sizes depending on what you are writing.

not hard bud...honest :wink:

Dave271069
11-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your help everyone. All taken in.

Paul
11-11-2012, 11:06 AM
you want the logo to be 4 fingers down from the collar.....that will give you a starting position, and the sizes i gave you should be right for the "keep calm" bit.
you can judge the rest of the text sizes depending on what you are writing.

not hard bud...honest :wink:thats what i do :)
4 fingers up to size L
XL and bigger is 5 fingers or more.

bigj2552
11-11-2012, 05:03 PM
thats what i do :)
4 fingers up to size L
XL and bigger is 5 fingers or more.

LOL...in my case - its 2 bloody hands :tongue: for my shirts - YIKES !

mrs maggot
11-11-2012, 08:23 PM
done quite a few now, infact i am wearing my "i will not keep calm and you can f*ck off" t at the moment (always raises a smile in tesco)

needs to be lovely and big and bold, the piggy would look better wearing a crown, or even within the crown - looking almost like a jewel, red on white, black on white, dark blue on white are the obvious colours to go for - and as others have said unless its for a pregnant woman its wayyyyyy tooooo looooowwwww

bigj2552
12-11-2012, 12:12 AM
done quite a few now, infact i am wearing my "i will not keep calm and you can f*ck off" t at the moment (always raises a smile in tesco)

needs to be lovely and big and bold, the piggy would look better wearing a crown, or even within the crown - looking almost like a jewel, red on white, black on white, dark blue on white are the obvious colours to go for - and as others have said unless its for a pregnant woman its wayyyyyy tooooo looooowwwww

LMAO....I done one of those for myself, but didnt have the balls to wear it out :redface: - hats off to you girl lol :wink:

guarddog14
18-12-2012, 03:20 PM
id go 9cm down from the collar and the print i would do 250mm wide