PDA

View Full Version : Sublimate Twice?

Mossy88
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I have just made up a couple of mugs for company, but foolishly left out the phone number. So my question is can i just print out the phone number and sublimate that on to a white space on a mug that already has been done before?

Or will this cause the previous print to run/blur?

Cheers guys.

Craig
11-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Im not sure on this as i have never had to go over the top of an already sublimated mug but if they need the number on and are going to go to waste then you will lose nothing by trying anyway and if it dont work you will still have to redo so nothing lost.:cool:

Mossy88
11-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Im not sure on this as i have never had to go over the top of an already sublimated mug but if they need the number on and are going to go to waste then you will lose nothing by trying anyway and if it dont work you will still have to redo so nothing lost.:cool:

That is very true, cheers Craig.

Justin
11-11-2012, 02:34 PM
It's possible but the other thing to watch besides blurring is that the existing image will transfer out onto your heat blanket unless you cover all the way around.

Mossy88
11-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Ok thanks Justin I will make sure it is all covered.

logobear
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
it will work, but existing image will blur a little. fade will be almost inpercetable.
you have nothing to loose, a before and after photo would be invaluable !

harlequeen
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I have done this, but I covered the original image with some plain paper and wrapped a silicon sleeve around the already printed bit to be on the safe side. It worked OK for me with no noticeable blurring at all

Mossy88
14-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Hi, i gave it a go today and it worked just fine. I couldnt really see any blurring although it did take some print off the mug back onto the paper, didn't seem to effect the image though. So im pretty happy.