PDA

View Full Version : AYE - its that camera again.

bigj2552
12-11-2012, 11:15 PM
FUJI -NOPIX
Yet again this camera has failed.
This is bloody dreadful for a camera with not to bad a rep.
Was in middle of re-doing pics for my iphone section, which i have taken down temporarily, till i get more pro looking pics up....was in the middle of doing them tonight, and the dam screen went blank....nothing on the 3" screen, nothing in the viewfinder....camera takes pics and switch's on, but i can get into/see any settings let alone the pics i,m taking.

and to make it worse - i cant find the dam receipt for it...80% sure it was from comet - so that would be that stuffed anyhoo:rolleyes: as they have went tits up ! .

great camera with really good features and pics, bar for the shitty software, or components.
so...

I,m off up to city on wed morning to pc world - YEP, going for the same model - but paying the £25 for the 3yr "if anything happens" warranty :wink:...Not gonna get caught a 3rd time . HELL NO !:mad:

so that means another funeral out the back of house sometime next week.....baseball bat and flying bits of shitty camera does wonders for my stress relief :tongue: and the fact i,m out £100+ quid as i lost the dam receipt

Paul
12-11-2012, 11:37 PM
call fuji and give them your serial number. that should be enough...

socialgiraffe
12-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems bigj, its really frustrating when hardware or software lets you down.

However, I note you are going for the same camera that you have already purchased (and has failed on you) twice. Is this a sado masochist side of you that we are learning about. Surely there must be better camera's, or if not better just more reliable than then one you have?

bigj2552
12-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems bigj, its really frustrating when hardware or software lets you down.

However, I note you are going for the same camera that you have already purchased (and has failed on you) twice. Is this a sado masochist side of you that we are learning about. Surely there must be better camera's, or if not better just more reliable than then one you have?

lol.... nothing kinky here lad :wink:.

there are better but, its only £120 or there about. ones i really fancy are £500 mark...but i have other things to spend that amount of cash on right now as you can imagine :rolleyes:

i might go for another make maybe..... Argos got some good deals just now but no 3 yr warranty like PC world has. thats the thing that's swaying me just now - that warranty :wink:

bigj2552
12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
call fuji and give them your serial number. that should be enough...

could do Paul but time is of the essance here bud, and sending it back and waiting is something i dont have the luxury of at the moment...or the patience as you know :wink:

and easier said than done -trying to find an email addy is hard for fuji

edit - just checked....they want copy of receipt...which i cant find....thats that totally knackered than....

socialgiraffe
13-11-2012, 12:22 AM
If you purchased it on your credit or debit card then proof of payment using a statement should be good enough.

However I am like you and really impatient when I have money to spend and want something, so completely understand where you are coming from. Surely there must be some photographers on here that can recommend something for similar money. Otherwise this could become a "hot topic" as you keep updating it yourself with the amount of cameras you are going through :tongue:

WorthDoingRight
13-11-2012, 12:22 AM
There are loads of decent bridge cameras on sale for just over £100. I about 3 months ago bought a Nikon L310 and it is a great camera and cost me £129 then.

Johnny, the good news is that if your item is faulty you should not need a receipt to return it - your rights don't depend on you having one. However, without a receipt you need another way of proving that you bought the item from that shop which as you said you don't remember which shop it was!

Are you certain that you have not pushed some button in that turns the screen off for power saving? Worth reading the manual even if you have to download a copy off the net.

bigj2552
13-11-2012, 11:41 AM
There are loads of decent bridge cameras on sale for just over £100. I about 3 months ago bought a Nikon L310 and it is a great camera and cost me £129 then.

Johnny, the good news is that if your item is faulty you should not need a receipt to return it - your rights don't depend on you having one. However, without a receipt you need another way of proving that you bought the item from that shop which as you said you don't remember which shop it was!

Are you certain that you have not pushed some button in that turns the screen off for power saving? Worth reading the manual even if you have to download a copy off the net.

hi richard - dont need the manual bud.....the Fuji finepix bridge camera aint rocket science to understand. had it sussed within a couple of hrs of getting it - gadget freak here remember :tongue: ..love my gadgets bud....love em when they are working that is :rolleyes:

the lights are on, but no one is home - as is the case with this thing...AGAIN !...
i always keep my receipts, but this one has gone AWOL for some reason.

and it was payed cash as well, as it wasn't that much...so double knackered.

pc world tomorrow and see what i come home with. my dam site has no iphone cases just now,and its p'ing me off.
got camera on phone, but na - crap.

Like i said earlier - PCWORLD with there 3yr warranty ( £25) if i take the same camera again....its a no brainer really....well, i might go up the scale just a wee bit, we'll see:tongue:.

see what my wallet and me discuss on the way up there tomorrow lol

and....the nikon L310 is a nice wee camera, but it has no manual settings bud....all auto

EDIT - in saying that - photoshop is a wonderful thing these days - backgrounds can be whipped out in seconds.
so i might just go for a full auto as i have a decent photoshop version for all pic work....Hmmm

and i hear ya GIRAFFE, i hear ya ...johnny's camera reviews lol

WorthDoingRight
13-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Well, I still have my Fuji S7000, my Sony Alpha100, my Nikon L310 and the latest addition my Nikon D90. All still working fine and taking good pictures. Also have a Sony W200 point and shoot for parties. I still really rate my Fuji S7000 - never had a bad photograph however for ease of use and the great zoom range the L310 is superb value.

Paul
13-11-2012, 01:31 PM
D90 and a100??? :-) you mst be a millioner to afford keeping two systems :-P

WorthDoingRight
13-11-2012, 02:10 PM
D90 and a100??? :-) you mst be a millioner to afford keeping two systems :-P

Well I bought the Alpha100 as my previous 35mm film camera a Minolta Dynax7000 had compatible lenses.

I bought the D90 recently secondhand in a cash convertors when it was put on sale with loads of accessories and a decent lens for ridiculous money.

I will only be a millionaire if my numbers come up on the Euro Millions tonight - £133 m would do nicely :biggrin:

logobear
14-11-2012, 10:50 AM
The G'tee is with Fuji, not the shop so no worries there.
I ran a photo lab for 23 years, and generally have found Fuji cameras excellent (along with panasonic/Lumix) BUT - they did have a major cock-up with the XD card format (developed with olympus) but they have now abandoned xd
Fuji (and other) Digital cameras generally do not like rechargable AA batteries, - they need at least 1.4 volts a cell, and rechargables can run at 1.2v

bigj2552
14-11-2012, 09:03 PM
The G'tee is with Fuji, not the shop so no worries there.
I ran a photo lab for 23 years, and generally have found Fuji cameras excellent (along with panasonic/Lumix) BUT - they did have a major cock-up with the XD card format (developed with olympus) but they have now abandoned xd
Fuji (and other) Digital cameras generally do not like rechargable AA batteries, - they need at least 1.4 volts a cell, and rechargables can run at 1.2v

you saying the re-chargeable's cant be used in the camera ?.... surely that's not whats knackering up these Fuji cameras ? :confused:
yet shop "recommends" rechargeable battery's for it :confused:

if i have to buy "ordinary battery's" for this thing, this could work out expensive :rolleyes: .

anyhoo.....

got "ANOTHER FUJI" today, i know, i know...i hear you all lol....:rolleyes:

got the finepix s4400 bridge this time. its a couple of models up from the last two.....maybe the entry model is just pants, hence why i went up 2/3 models to see if it makes any difference....prob not lol

also took our there 3yr "anything goes wrong" bring it back and swap for another there and then warranty.
cost £35, but its worth it if this is the way these dam cameras are gonna last :rolleyes:.

like i said earlier, i love my gadgets and look after them, but these probs with this make of camera was/is getting kinda annoying. Heres hoping 3rd time the charm....or luck, or whats ever

bigj2552
14-11-2012, 09:04 PM
also @ logo - yes the 1st guarantee is with Fuji but without my receipt ( payed cash as well ), i,m stuffed bud

bigj2552
16-11-2012, 12:17 AM
well pleased to say my new camera is performing great.

heavier than the last one cause the lens is obviously bigger due to the higher optical zoom (28x).

got a firework display outside my m8's pub ( the roxy bar ) on the 30th nov, its there(pubs) 19th birthday party.
so will take the camera out and see if it performs. it should, it had continuous shooting and shed load of settings :wink:.
and get some decent pics of the party inside.....

oh aye, the landlord is bringing the drink prices down to what they were 19yrs ago all night....HELL YES !. and supplying free food as well...top guy

think i will take the pics and put the camera upstairs out the road....just in case