PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Jase
02-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Got delivery today well got 2 of the 3 boxes parcelforce cant find the other, so I received printer, heat press & 2 mugs instead of 72, which is a bugger as I wanted to get some practice over the easter weekend. I've had a go tonight and although I have managed to produce a mug the image is very blurry and washed out, pretty sure its mainly down to my printer settings so I need to go through the setup again a little less hastily tomorrow, shame I've only one more mug at the moment to practice on.

Paul
02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
sorry to hear that :( thats why I dont trust parcelforce any more... if your picture is blured it may be up to time, temp or preasure as well ;) if piture on your transfer look preety sharp it means you should experiment with setting on your mug press.

Paul

Jase
02-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Cheers Paul, the picture didn't look brilliant on the paper, so think it might be mostly to do with the printer settings need to wait for the lost mugs now to do some more trials

Paul
02-04-2010, 02:56 PM
picture wont look right on transfer! colors will be odd and saturation will be diferent. but all back to normal after you press it on mug :)

bms
02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Was the colours on the paper just not right or the resolution/ crispness? The resolution should look okay but the colours will become more vibrant when pressed. Do you have any spare space on the two other mugs to test?

Jase
02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Colours on the papers weren't right, but I understand this is normal, however the crispness and resolution seemed off on the print, what should I be selecting for the paper inkjet plain or glossy? I take it that you can press a mug twice then if you have the space

bms
02-04-2010, 08:13 PM
The settings are described in the pdf downloads that are available from Sawgrass:
http://www.sawgrasseurope.com/v.php?pg=113

Can you check that you have these set up correctly?

Yes you can print on a mug where there is space left - you'll just over print the other image if you overlap.

Jase
02-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks Martin, I have followed this as much as I can but the dialogue box that I have for the printer is different than the one shown on the Sawgrass document.

Just so I can check I am using the mug press right, the mug should be in the press all the time it gets up to temp and then once temp is reached it counts down from 195 seconds and then the mug is ready, is this correct

John G
03-04-2010, 12:17 AM
Just to check your set up, you've installed the profile and are printing from either coreldraw, photoshop or other supported program.

Cheers John

Jase
03-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Hi John yes I'm printing from coral draw, I think I installed the profile info correctly but alot of what I received was for the GX7000 printer not the GX5050, I've printed a couple more images tonight using available space on the 2 mugs I got, they are slightly better and seem especially crisp at the bottom of the mug, but further up they appear blurry and colours are not sharp.

bms
03-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Just so I can check I am using the mug press right, the mug should be in the press all the time it gets up to temp and then once temp is reached it counts down from 195 seconds and then the mug is ready, is this correct

The DF1 settings should be: idle temp 110 degrees, operating temp 180 degrees, time 150 seconds. We find that works best. Mug can go in once the idle temp is reached.

Docs on the link above are for the GX5050 (or from our site). These should be specifically for the GX5050.

Jase
07-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Mugs arrived today, and after re-installing printer and a few trials really pleased with the results.