PDA

View Full Version : Hello

frizbee
02-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Thought I should officially say hello to all, lots already know me, but for teh few who don't HELLO.

We are mainly a trade printer, we manufacture the range of mugs for weenicons & T Shirts.

We usually print large orders for tourist attractions, but jus about to dip our toe in Retail sale of T Shirts etc.

David aka Frizbee

Justin
02-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi David,

Great to welcome you onbaord, I was looking at the weenicons stuff in a shop just last week, great stuff!

Look forward to speaking more with you soon, interested to hear what equipment you use for larger orders.

Justin :D

frizbee
02-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi Justin,

Now I get to boast as you asked :-)

Our Equipment consists of :-

Epson 8 Colour 4880 running Sublijet
Roland Versacam SP340 Running Lyson Inks
HP9000S running Solvent

6 Adkins Studio Mug Presses
2 Adkins Air Operated Heat Presses, 2 Adkins Manual Swing Away
1 5000W Industrial High Speed Fan Oven for printing up to the handle of the sub mugs
We only use mugs from BMS - !!!! Do I get a referal Bonus for that Martin. !!!

Huge number of computers running as rips as every one wants a different program.

For Backup we have 2 epsons a R1800 & R265, and a HUGE generator for when it goes wrong or we go mobile.

Using 3 staff we can print about 1200 mugs and 500 T shirts in a day.

For the T Shirts We use a very special media that when printed with solvent ink look like a screen print as it is less than 40 micros thick, it won't scratch, can be ironed over and can even be boil washed and dry cleaned.

I will be listing all the weenicons on eBay again soon, will haev to work out a discount structure for DSF members.

David

Justin
03-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Enough already :shock: Ok, when can I start, I'm looking for a job!

That's some setup, very impressive. Last company I was with had a 9000s, great for tee shirt transfers and canvas prints were superb. We had a 4800 setup but I hated it. It was never set up right and the boss wasn'ty interested in sorting it :roll:

Printing up to the handle sounds interesting :D

I have to go now before I drown in drool...........

frizbee
03-04-2010, 12:28 AM
you'ds top drooling if you had my balance sheet, we have spent an obscene amount of money on it all.

The 4880 is really an excellent printer if setup correctly, we are just looking at changing to artanium, just waiting for sample prints from Purple Monkey of Black prints as we haev to have jet black and we have yet to see artanium perform as well as sublijet.

Printing up to the handle take Cactus wraps from BMS and a very stable oven enviroment, you can do them in a home oven, but if like us you orint for 8 hours a day then you need a very stable oven and a favourable wind :-)

AJLA
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Favourable wind...Ominous :)

Sounds great, can you tell me about the cactus wraps? I have heard of them but wasn't aware that they printed up to the handle.

NASH
06-04-2010, 10:42 AM
i`m very interested in this type of media, when will you be able to list this on e-bay

frizbee
10-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Hi Mandy,

If you use a cactus wrap, you should be able to print 220 -230 wide on a standard BMS mug, don't go too tight, only use truepix paper, legit inks, and test carefully to get the temp right, we use 176 deg in our oven, but its a high power recirculating oven.

Training courses will be running in ashford soon if anyone want to book up :-)

David

frizbee
10-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Hello Nash,

Hopefully we will neevr see this on ebay, can get you some if you want, 30M roll is £300 + vat & shipping.

We can always print transfers for you :-)

David

NASH
10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Hello David,

i can`t warrant to buy a whole roll as i don`t do that many, can i not buy 100 A4 sheets ;)

Justin
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
We can always print transfers for you :-)

David

Could be worth an entry in the Member to Member offers section David. I know members have asked about transfers before and it's certainly something I've used. If you could supply costs/min. quantities etc. that would help.

frizbee
19-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Nash,

Its a solvent process so you would need a solvent printer, no point printing with any other type as it wouldn't work.

I'll post some details and prices in the Member to Member section