PDA

View Full Version : Sub Paper Drying?

chris_hosk
21-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi Just a quick question, can i print a image and press it days later this might sound silly but i wasnt sure if the image would fade or something? i notice if i press to soon the ink isnt fully dry

socialgiraffe
21-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes you can. Normally, printed dye sub paper will last a few months depending on how you store it.

You will be able to tell as the image on your printed sheet will have spread and become blurry.

chris_hosk
21-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Brilliant thanks im planning to do a pring in the morning them press in afternoon so the ink is fully set - no smudges then :)

Shadow Company
21-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi there, thats really useful to know, also can anyone tell me if there is a set drying time meaning should i leave my print for so long before printing on to a mug? thanks

meldean
16-12-2012, 01:30 AM
I think this depends on the paper to be honest. I have some hd paper for sublimation that says print should be left for 15 mins before pressing to get optimum results.

I would also think that it depends on printer you use as i know epson printers tend to put more ink on paper than lets say a brother printer. Cant comment on ricoh as i have never used one.

I normally print a batch. Leave for 20 mins. Cut and then press and get wicked results everytime.
I use bms mugs as well so that makes a differance i think to quality.

Renniwano
16-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I used to keep mine in a hard back envelope.. no good as the damp would get to them - so on advice from the forum now store them in zip wallets and can leave them for a week at a time before using

logobear
16-12-2012, 07:00 PM
we find that sub paper dries much slower in the cold of the winter, so if we need to print a heap of pages, we print them individually and put ontop of the heat press to dry. If we print a stack of pages together, we find that the next page can smudge the ink of the previous one. only in winter thou

Mossy88
18-12-2012, 10:59 PM
I store mine in just a plastic wallet inside a plastic zip up folder thing for weeks and come out ok still.

But i usually just print and press straight to mug they always seem dry to me.