PDA

View Full Version : Which Table Top Cutter is best ???

creations4you
21-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just a question for those who have expierenced using cuuters for Vinyl. I have been looking for a cheap table top cutters and there is a few machines out there.
I am now confused which would be best to start with. I won't be doing alot of vinyl cutting but maybe in the future.

I have seen the Cameo, Cricut expression, Craft robo - would any of these be suitable for this?

Please help

RogerC
21-11-2012, 03:41 PM
I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 which whilst bigger than a desktop lets me comment on the quality of Graphtec cutters......if the Cameo is anywhere as good and reliable as my CE5000 I would recommend it. Incidentally you will find most people with cutters will suggest you go as big as you can afford from the outset because you will probably find that once you get going you will be wishing you had the extra width unless of course you are absolutely certain you will not be needing a wider bed cutter.

WorthDoingRight
21-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Well a number of people use the Craft Robo and the latest model silhouette cameo to cut vinyl so those are suitable. The Cricut expression is not so often mentioned and I think this is due to it being less suitable as it is predominantly used for pre-defined images on cartridges that you plug in and has limited PC cutting support.

viccar
21-11-2012, 04:14 PM
i have cameo

Cameos only downfall in my opinion is that it only saves to studio so you cant transfer files. So if you design a load in studio but then want to cut them at a later date in the 500 you cant. also cameo will only open certain files and you have to buy designer edition to open SVG but there are ways around this again.

Cricut will only cut what is on their cartridges and you cannot design or sell their stuff.

viccar
21-11-2012, 04:15 PM
but saying that studio designer is easy peasy to use, and good for rhinestones as well.

creations4you
24-11-2012, 09:12 PM
That you for great feedback. I now have more of an idea.