PDA

View Full Version : Lining up my paper for mug printing

Jen
22-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I've recently just bought my second pack of sublimation paper from eBay and surprise surprise I'm not happy with it. The pervious stuff I bought was slightly transparent so I could like up my images really easily, but this stuff I can't see through. In fact I'm pretty sure it's matt photo paper.

I was wondering if anyone had a template or measurements for Inkscape because so far I've been winging it (quite well) by being able to see thru the paper.

frazzle
22-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Mine you cant see through i cut the design a couple of mm on each side of the design, then just a matter of eyeing up each side of handle and top and bottom.

gorgall2
22-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Can't help as I don't use inkscape, but it shouldn't be to hard to make your own template.

FairyD
08-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Inkscape can 'read' png files which as far as I can see most templates are so you should be able to import any file and design it in Inkscape.

meldean
11-12-2012, 08:18 PM
I use a4 paper from BMS. XPRESS ECONOMY and get perfect results everytime. I use a gillotine to cut along the bottom of my designs so i can put mug on flat surface, then wrap the design around mug so that the paper is touching the flat surface at the bottom which lines the design from top to bottom and then put the handle in the middle of the left and right of the design and fix.
Perfect results everytime.

mgibbs
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Trupix paper is opaque too.

I print a rectangle which contains the design and cut slightly inside the lines

Mark