PDA

View Full Version : Import from China

frazzle
23-11-2012, 07:47 AM
As any one imported from China what are the pitfalls. I know you pay vat and import tax. How can you pay and know it is secure.

WorthDoingRight
23-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Very often with importing there is some kind of escrow service available. This is where you pay a third party that holds the money until you confirm you have the goods and are happy and then they pay the exporter.

Paul
23-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I think if you importing loads you can hire an Agent so they can check if load is alright before is shipped. so no container with bricks in the sea port instead of mugs :)

frazzle
23-11-2012, 01:14 PM
To be honest it is for my main business (fishing) but with the price of sublimation travel mugs might have a look at them as well as they seem well over priced, can get normal travel mugs a lot cheaper than the sublimation type, not only that no one seems to have any any.

Angloman
19-10-2017, 11:32 AM
NO IMPORT DUTIES FRON CHINA TO UK if for personal
have a read
http://www.chinaimportal.com/blog/customs-taxes-importing-china-ultimate-guide/

Justin
19-10-2017, 11:34 AM
Very old post Mr. Angloman ;-)

MugPrint
21-10-2017, 04:59 PM
I know this is an old post but when ordering any type of supplies from China be very wary about it, I ordered a 5 piece mug press from Aliexpress and never received the goods, It took me almost two months to get my money back a complete pain it was. Just putting it out there. Stick to UK suppliers until you can find somebody you can at least try and trust.

mrs maggot
21-10-2017, 06:56 PM
ha have just seen how old this is duh !!