PDA

View Full Version : Sublijet - SG3110DN- Magenta Help!

Mossy88
23-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Does any one have one of these unopened in the Portsmouth/Fareham area that I could buy off them tonight tomorrow morning ? if you could reply or pm, really would appreciated it.

Mike

WorthDoingRight
23-11-2012, 12:15 PM
If not maybe a supplier could offer Saturday morning delivery option if you are that desperate.

Mossy88
23-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Ive been looking but been quoted £35 and £25 for Saturday delivery cant really afford to do that :(

socialgiraffe
23-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Have you tried BMS?

4.95 for same day dispatch and normal delivery is 1.95. If you want it tomorrow I suspect that recorded delivery or something from them would only cost £10-15

pisquee
23-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Recorded is no more speedy than a normal 1st or 2nd class. Special is next day guaranteed, but it ain't cheap for a Saturday delivery.

RogerC
23-11-2012, 04:50 PM
If BMS have some it's only 40 something miles from Portsmouth....driving over would be the cheapest option.

purpledragon
23-11-2012, 04:51 PM
take the chance ........ ive ordered a few times from BMS on a help i need it quick basis on a friday and had it in the post by sat at least you know it will def be there monday

bms
23-11-2012, 08:52 PM
take the chance ........ ive ordered a few times from BMS on a help i need it quick basis on a friday and had it in the post by sat at least you know it will def be there monday

Please don't take any chances at the moment - as is normal at this time of year, order volumes rise very significantly! We have Saturday delivery option with ParcelForce for £12 +vat and several customers make use of that on Fridays :)

purpledragon
24-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Please don't take any chances at the moment - as is normal at this time of year, order volumes rise very significantly! We have Saturday delivery option with ParcelForce for £12 +vat and several customers make use of that on Fridays :)
ouch firmly told off bad dragon naughty dragon

bms
24-11-2012, 02:24 PM
ouch firmly told off bad dragon naughty dragon

...lol :)...

Mossy88
24-11-2012, 04:04 PM
all sorted now, i ordered from bms with the saturday delivery. Just hope the one i ordered before turns up and the postman hasn't nicked it :(

Do you guys print until the printer says it cant print no more? my printer is showing low ink but still printing ok, will it still give the same quality until it cant do anymore?

This is only my second set of inks. Cheers

gorgall2
24-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Keep printing until the printer tells you that you are out of ink, it will print for quite a while after it says the ink is low.

bms
24-11-2012, 07:08 PM
all sorted now, i ordered from bms with the saturday delivery. Just hope the one i ordered before turns up and the postman hasn't nicked it :(

Do you guys print until the printer says it cant print no more? my printer is showing low ink but still printing ok, will it still give the same quality until it cant do anymore?

This is only my second set of inks. Cheers

Yes the printing will be fine. The low level shows until the last drop of ink is sucked from the cartridge and when this happens the printer sends the 'kill' to the chip to show it as empty and needs replacing.

purpledragon
25-11-2012, 01:08 AM
when this happens the printer sends the 'kill' to the chip .
its all a bit of a bloodbath innit

bms
25-11-2012, 09:33 AM

It is the magenta after all (closest to red). Wonder what metaphors could be used for black, cyan or yellow!

mrs maggot
25-11-2012, 12:06 PM
still confused as to why this is in mug presses and ovens, or are the printers now really that versatile :wink::wink:

Mossy88
25-11-2012, 12:25 PM
still confused as to why this is in mug presses and ovens, or are the printers now really that versatile :wink::wink:

Lol sorry i was just rushing about worried that my ink would run out. Seems i worried for nothing because i still got another 50+ mugs out of the low ink (Still going) :D

SciArtImages
26-11-2012, 12:12 AM
I got a low ink message for black a while ago, so immediately bought a new black cart, frightened of running out. Printed a reasonable amount since, not huge amounts but I have a lot of blacks in my designs (obviously blacks have C, M, Y as well as K in). Had a low ink popup for all C M and Y throughout this week, thought I'd look to see when I bought my (still unused) new K cart. 3 months ago. Long may it continue!
Neil.

pisquee
26-11-2012, 10:27 AM
when this happens the printer sends the 'kill' to the chip .

Is this why so many of the Ricohs die unexpectedly?! ;-)

Mossy88
26-11-2012, 03:30 PM
I got a low ink message for black a while ago, so immediately bought a new black cart, frightened of running out. Printed a reasonable amount since, not huge amounts but I have a lot of blacks in my designs (obviously blacks have C, M, Y as well as K in). Had a low ink popup for all C M and Y throughout this week, thought I'd look to see when I bought my (still unused) new K cart. 3 months ago. Long may it continue!
Neil.

I was rushing around like a headless chicken to get the replacement ink but its still going now.

Russ
26-11-2012, 04:43 PM
can't you use one of the system status menus to show you the percentage if ink left in the carts? Pretty sure there's a Conde systems YouTube video on this…

Mossy88
26-11-2012, 09:27 PM
im using a mac that on screen shows that there is literally the same amount (size) as the typing cursor on here. So i thought that would go pretty quick but it isnt the case.

Russ
27-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Conde's youtube video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrEl1kMkUBA