PDA

View Full Version : Is this PixMax cutter any good

harlequeen
24-11-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm a complete novice with vinyl and cutters, so was wondering if anyone has this cutter and if they can tell me if it would be suitable for me to learn on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/720-mm-28-Vinyl-Cutter-Plotter-Cutting-Plotter-Printer-Sign-Maker-Drivers-/251183533180?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a7bb48c7c

Is it going to be a really steep learning curve? I was contemplating buying a silhouette, but it is quite expansive and rather limited in size.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Paul
24-11-2012, 09:52 PM
looks alright to me.

bms
24-11-2012, 09:54 PM
There is a new silhouette being launched in early December with a price of less than £200. I think it is based on the same size as the old craft robo and, again, from memory I think there is going to be some offers for launcH. The standard Cameo is also seeing a price drop, off RRP in early December I think.

viccar
25-11-2012, 02:25 PM
The cameo can cut 12" wide and up to 10 feet long.
I rarely use my 24" now, but it depends on what you want to use it for.

bms
25-11-2012, 07:06 PM
There is a new silhouette being launched in early December with a price of less than £200. I think it is based on the same size as the old craft robo and, again, from memory I think there is going to be some offers for launcH. The standard Cameo is also seeing a price drop, off RRP in early December I think.

Found these details...
The Silhouette Cameo is down to £269.99 inc vat (save £30 off RRP). The new Silhoutte Portrait is down to £179.99 inc vat (save £20 off RRP). The Portrait is a new launch cutter - same cutting force as the Cameo but based on the Craft ROBO cutting width of 200mm (8")

Craig
25-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Cameo can be got cheaper through Crate and Craft if y know anyone with membership for anyone interested in that machine

bms
25-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Cameo can be got cheaper through Crate and Craft if y know anyone with membership for anyone interested in that machine

Can be bought cheaper from us as well :), but I was just following up with the information about the general promotion Graphtec are doing and the launch of the new machine.

Craig
25-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Can be bought cheaper from us as well :), but I was just following up with the information about the general promotion Graphtec are doing and the launch of the new machine.

You sell it at the same £269.99 you have mentinoed above so it is not cheaper or am I missing something :confused:

bms
26-11-2012, 07:48 AM
You sell it at the same £269.99 you have mentinoed above so it is not cheaper or am I missing something :confused:

Give us a chance! :) The price online is our normal price which is £30 cheaper than RRP. Once the promotion from Graphtec is running then we'll review our pricing structure.

harlequeen
26-11-2012, 08:22 PM
I've been debating over the silhouette for some weeks now; I'm thinking I might want to get into vinyl wall art at some point, so am pondering. The other thing is I've never used a cutter before and the silhouette seems to have so many little projects to view and download and with the other I would be starting from scratch (even more so, if you know what I mean).

bms
26-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Give us a chance! :) The price online is our normal price which is £30 cheaper than RRP. Once the promotion from Graphtec is running then we'll review our pricing structure.

Graphtec promotion runs from December 1st

harlequeen
26-11-2012, 08:52 PM
this discussion has made it harder, not easier to decide. I'm also trying to decide on a swing away press, ( a small one) for the moment. Am looking at Coralgraph, but don't know if I need to buy a rubber mat and a silicon mat and a teflon one too.

Decisions, decisions

harlequeen
01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Have you decided what the price is for the silhouette, taking into account the Graphtec promotion?

bms
02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Have you decided what the price is for the silhouette, taking into account the Graphtec promotion?

Our website has been updated with a lower price now.