PDA

View Full Version : Heat press damaged

twinsgran
26-11-2012, 01:06 PM
When my heat press arrived, I noticed that it had a slight dent on the edge of the top plate. I emailed the company and sent them a photo. They've just emailed me back and they have offered me £5 compensation as it is only cosmetic! My husband doesn't think I should accept it. What do you think?
I should say it cost me £175, so not very expensive but even so, it's the principal.

socialgiraffe
26-11-2012, 01:14 PM
It depends on what you personally think.

If it is only cosmetic then in my opinion it is not worth worrying about too much, although sending the item back would not cost you any money there is a carbon footprint to consider.

However, you now have something that if you were to sell on is worth less due to the damage. Have you considered going back to the supplier and asking them to increase the compensation, perhaps even saying that a "store credit" would be sufficient?

Craig
26-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Agree with Social on this 1 if you want to sell that press is 6 12 18 months time it is going to have no resale value due to the damage so I would deffo be after a compensation amount you would be happy with or return the press for another or a refund and buy somewhere else. To be honest I think a £5 offer is an insult as it would cost them more than that to pay for you press to go and to send another press out to you.

twinsgran
26-11-2012, 02:01 PM
They have just emailed me back upping it to £20, I will seriously consider it even though, as you say, the resale value as and when I want to sell it on, will be affected.

socialgiraffe
26-11-2012, 02:14 PM
The other thing is without knowing the seller I would say that at least they are communicating with you. Sellers are superb until you have a problem, it is only then do you find out who is worth their salt. It does strike me that although you are sort of at a disagreement there is communication which is always good.

Craig
26-11-2012, 02:14 PM
If it was me I would tell them you want them to arrange collection and a refund of the press as the price offered is not satisfactory and see what they say then

Paul
26-11-2012, 02:16 PM
There is no point to resell cheap press. Irs better of to keep it as a spare then have £50 for it.

WorthDoingRight
26-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I bought one of my swing arm presses as a dented model, I think I paid about £110 for it instead of £150 and frankly the dent doesnt effect its pressing performance however I would check platen alignment before accepting any compensation offer as hard to complain if you have accepted any discount.

twinsgran
26-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I've checked out the press and it's perfectly okay and working. It is only a small dent so will accept the £20. Thanks guys.

Justin
26-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Small dent might not be an issue but I'd ask myself how it got there. Example, has he unit been dropped and could have sustained internal damage as well? I'd want an exchange.

stuart
26-11-2012, 07:26 PM
deffo exchange
if you sold them a mug with a chip in it they would not be happy
stu