PDA

View Full Version : Studio Mug Press

epstnb
29-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I'm in the market for a new mug press to replace my current temperamental one.
I have looked at the Studio Mug Press at Xpres which i believe is an adkins.
There is also a Studio Multi Press which can do more mugs with extra elements. Anyone rate these ?

regards

Justin
29-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I have the single head press and can't praise it highly enough, superb press and worth every penny.

Earl Smith
29-11-2012, 11:51 AM
I have the Studio Twin mug press. A very good machine.
Ditto Justin

Justin
29-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Uhm, twin head...nice. Seriously looking at getting one maybe two of those :-)

epstnb
29-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Can the twin head or the standard one do Latte mugs ?

Earl Smith
29-11-2012, 12:38 PM
The twin cannot or maybe it has an adapor which will work. . Maybe if you ring Aadkins they can advise you .

Stitch Up
01-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm also interested in the Xpres twin mug press and would like to know what the limitations are with regards the type of mugs it can/cannot press. I really would like to be able to press different style of mugs!

What are the alternatives to be considered?

Cheers

John

Earl Smith
02-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi John
The twin can do normal 8cm with the normal heat blanket and 7cm mugs with another blanket that you must buy and change over. I never asked if it can do Latte mugs, maybe they have a blanket for them. ( getting toungue tied her)
The heat blanket has a teflon coating and so far it hasnt wrinkled.
For me the Twin is a great press. Not as solid as my Adkins Beta but thats not a problem.
Give them a ring and ask what it will do, they are very helpful.

Justin
02-12-2012, 11:20 AM
I use the single head machine with a 3mm silicon insert for 500m water bottles. Looks like the smaller blanket would do these without the need for an insert. I get on ok with inserts but would be nice not to have to use them.

Justin
02-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Neil, may also be worth looking at these if you need higher volume.....

http://www.serigraf.ie/heatpress_mug.html

I've been looking into these as another option as I need 4 heads. We've discussed 4 head presses on here before, I've tried a cheaper one but it was a waste of time. The Serigraf presses are German made and supposedly very good. I've been talking to them but recent emails have gone unanswered.

bms
02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi John
The twin can do normal 8cm with the normal heat blanket and 7cm mugs with another blanket that you must buy and change over. I never asked if it can do Latte mugs, maybe they have a blanket for them. ( getting toungue tied her)
The heat blanket has a teflon coating and so far it hasnt wrinkled.
For me the Twin is a great press. Not as solid as my Adkins Beta but thats not a problem.
Give them a ring and ask what it will do, they are very helpful.

Adkins were looking to launch a latte press as they got in contact with us a few months back to see if we would supply our latte mugs for them.

Stitch Up
04-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Neil, may also be worth looking at these if you need higher volume.....

http://www.serigraf.ie/heatpress_mug.html

I've been looking into these as another option as I need 4 heads. We've discussed 4 head presses on here before, I've tried a cheaper one but it was a waste of time. The Serigraf presses are German made and supposedly very good. I've been talking to them but recent emails have gone unanswered.

Anyone know the price or got any user info on this press?

Justin
04-12-2012, 06:59 AM
I'll dig the info out tonight for you.

socialgiraffe
04-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Justin

Not sure on the cost of the serigraf machine but I would seriously consider heatpressuk for their 5 in one.

I have had one of their machines for years and it still runs perfect. In my opinion it is also more versatile in how you can lay out the presses should space be a problem.

Justin
04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I remember you said how good these were. Personally I prefer the layout of the Serigraf machine but it is more expensive if memory serves.

socialgiraffe
04-12-2012, 09:45 AM
I did have something similar to the serigraf machine that I purchased from Sunfly (I did a review of it on here).

The machine was really heavy and long and was limited where I could put it.

The Serigraf machine does look like a really sturdy beast though :smile:

Justin
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
I bought the cheaper chinese unit as well, same thing I think. Very poor and was sent back.

Stitch Up
04-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I do like the idea of multi mugs but I'm sorta fed up with the boring 11oz 'canteen workshop' style. Xpres have a single mug press with interchangeable wraps for latte, alu bottles etc etc.

Stitch Up
05-12-2012, 06:42 PM
I'll dig the info out tonight for you.

Did you discover any further info on the press Justin - in particular the price?

I emailed the supplier (in Ireland I think) and had no reply yet!

John

Justin
05-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Sorry John, completely forgot :-( Got their price list here......

Four mug press is 1200 Euros (Approx. £975) Exc. delivery vat @ 23%.

I'll email you over the price list/brochure John.

Stitch Up
05-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks Justin

Certainly an expensive option!

I'm gonna keep looking at all options.

Cheers

John

Justin
05-12-2012, 07:59 PM
No worries, nope they aint cheap ;-) Supposedly very good but I'd be weary about spending that much until I'd had a review....probably prefer the Adkins as I've used them before.