PDA

View Full Version : Printing over a pre printed mug?

chris_hosk
06-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Hi Everybody

I have a friend who has asked if i can help him out he ordered a mug online http://www.zazzle.co.uk/accounting_hall_of_fame_mug-168953369475343874

and he somehow didnt add the name so the mug arrived with "NAME HERE" he has asked if i can add a name? i was thinking maybe printing over the "NAME HERE" in black then going over it again with the name in Gold?

will this work? any advise would be much appreciated

WorthDoingRight
06-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, I would have thought his best bet would have been to contact zazzle and see if they would exchange it as it does sound like someone should have noticed this and realised it was a mistake.

Over sublimating is possible if zazzle use a dye sublimation process to print their mugs but something makes me think they probably do not. Sounds like they probably use some automated machine if the error was not spotted.

If you are talking about gold is this by using a ceramic pen (rustoleum or similar) as sublimating gold on top of black is going to be impossible.

Alternatives may be waterslide paper or hard surface transfer paper to place a transfer on top of the offending space.

However I still think contacting zazzle may be the easiest and cheapest solution and maybe you can use the other mug for display purposes :biggrin:

chris_hosk
06-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Hi, thanks i did say this to him as at first he asked if i can make this mug for him but i said no as i dont design them just have a standard template (most what i print our for ourselves or bands) he need this for Monday hence the non return lol
what about going over it in black then having a name in white then?
im not going to go to much out of my way but i was always thought to help people out as you never know where they will end up in life (hopefully a millionaire and remembers we helping him out and giving me 1m) haha

WorthDoingRight
06-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi, thanks i did say this to him as at first he asked if i can make this mug for him but i said no as i dont design them just have a standard template (most what i print our for ourselves or bands) he need this for Monday hence the non return lol
what about going over it in black then having a name in white then?
im not going to go to much out of my way but i was always thought to help people out as you never know where they will end up in life (hopefully a millionaire and remembers we helping him out and giving me 1m) haha

Once you have sublimated black (and that is only if the mug is sublimatable) then you wont be able to go over it with any colour lighter than black.

I seriously doubt you can do much to assist in this case, so just hope he doesn't become world famous and make millions lol

mrs maggot
07-12-2012, 10:06 AM
ha ha, sorry but that is just sooo funny, i think maybe one of zazzles subcontractors was leaving, and just printed it as a joke, or perhaps the language barrier had not converted "your name here" into the language of the person pressing for them.

chris_hosk
07-12-2012, 10:21 AM
I know i have now said i cant help lol this is what makes me happy about some of these bigger companies NO CONMEN SENSE

FairyD
07-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Reminds me of this...
http://www.jonco48.com/blog/walmart_cake1_small.jpg

WorthDoingRight
07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
@FairyD You only have to look at mistakes on signs and shops to realise some people just have no sense to avoid nonsense!

FairyD
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh well...it gives the rest of us mortals something to laugh at!!

mrs maggot
07-12-2012, 12:23 PM
ha fairy d - a costco special - we know of one made in the MK costco with the womans phone no on for the collection

FairyD
07-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Hee hee...love it Laura...SURELY these places have SOME kind of quality control?!?!

gorgall2
07-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Try http://www.cakewrecks.com/ some fantastic failures on there.