PDA

View Full Version : Mug artwork alignment

FairyD
06-12-2012, 02:20 PM
HI....now, I've not even got my printer on order yet, but as an artist I'm all about the graphics!!:redface:

Can you tell me please, in your opinions, is it better to have 'text, graphic, text, graphic' or 'text, graphic, text' or 'graphic, text, graphic'!?!?!? Does that even make sense!?!? I've attached a mock up of one of my mugs. Thanks in advance for any help..x

chris_hosk
06-12-2012, 02:35 PM
I think where you have it is fine :)

WorthDoingRight
06-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Just be careful that the name does not get too close to the handle as most mug presses do not clamp right up to the handle and often the pressure/temperature at this point is reduced and can lead to poor transfer. The old caveat 'the customer is always right' applies to both where the image goes and the text. It often surprises me what a customer wants when it appears obvious that something else would look or work better.

Ian M
06-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Gayle, that looks superb :biggrin:

FairyD
06-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks Chris.

Worthdoingright.....I've just checked my mug press so I now know how much gap to leave....thanks for that...x As these would be for my current sites then I was 'hoping' (I know, dangerous) that I could get away with telling the customer where to place the image/text unless of course they wanted something specific....but I will give that idea more thought now.

Ian M, thanks....got itchy hands now and want to make something!!

Craig
06-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Gayle looks fantastic and if your looking to do the image both sides you could always see what the text looks like in middle of the 2 images

FairyD
06-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Craig, funnily enough I wondered if that was the better way to do it...not too sure if people like to look at an image or text!! I don't drink tea or coffee so I'll need to start watching people when I'm out!!! Thanks..x

Craig
06-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I will be honest and say thatdont drink Tea or Coffee either but the way mugs are held I like to put the image where they will see it on the side but again it is all down to what the customer requests and I have some who say I want this on a mug but you can design it and others send a full description of how where etc

Justin
06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Looks great and some smashing images as well ;-)

FairyD
06-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks Craig.....I'm just taking in all this info......have announced on my facebook page that they'll be ready early 2013..so need to get it right!!

FairyD
06-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Thank you Justin....these bears are my 'babies'...I'm a bit too emotionally attached to them!!lol I've got over 500 different designs with these bears alone!!!lol