PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh GX3300n - Got One!!

Traynor26
08-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi All,

I finally hade enough of blocked/clogged print heads and endless head cleans, so I bit the bullett and got a Ricoh GX3300n from Martin (Thanks for the next day delivery, did not expect that!!) :P

Look and sounds fab, managed to print a groovy clear looking test print from the printer, but have met my first problem that I think is very minor and nothing to do with the printer, so I'm hoping someoneon here can help......when I try to print in CS4 it now comes straight up with an error box telling me 'you have to have a printer installed to carry out any print tasks etc etc'

I have about 3 printers installed?? Any help??

Once sorted I will continue to update on this little beauty :P

Lee

Justin
08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey Lee,

Great, we finally have our first 3300 user! Please keep us updated on your progress with it, we're looking at getting reviews of equipment etc. on here so if you want to help with this that'd be great.

Justin

Traynor26
09-04-2010, 04:11 PM
So far so good, Photoshop sorted itself out over night. Managed to Finnish installing all the drivers and ICC profiles this morning, no dramas at all.

Spits out quality prints really fast and not one head clean in sight :D

Printed my fisrt mug with it and was not that impressed, but I am using cheap subli paper, which has been fine with my old inks but have ordered some propper stuff from Martin now. The mug looked like nit all the ink had gone onto the mug, might be my paper, might be the fact that it was freezing cold in my garage, or I might need to bake for a bit longer......will practice more later.

Overall I'm very happy,

Kaz
09-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I had poor results with my first mug on my GX7000 with cheap subli paper, total turnaroiund when I changed to Jetcol/Trupix, can't remember which one it was, but it was one of those :lol:

(I always get mixed up with which is used for ceramics until I'm in my printing room)

Traynor26
09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks Kaz,

I'm holding off printing another til the new paper gets here, I have ordered some Trupix, fingers crossed,

Lee

Kaz
09-04-2010, 06:29 PM
You'll notice a BIG difference with Trupix paper, it's like night and day :D

Good luck :D

John G
09-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Xpres paper is fine through the ricohs too!

Kaz
09-04-2010, 07:25 PM
Not tried xpres paper, yet.

Will take a look at it

Traynor26
13-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Well im a week in, and i must say im still very impressed with the 3300n, got some trupix paper and i can certainly tell the difference.

More thana happy to date, if i have any minor 'winges' it would be:

1) When the printer takes the paper from the tray it is quite aggressive and sometimes 'nips' the edge of the paper causing a slight fold, this has not caused any problems really, just an observation.

2) The drivers do not allow you to print 'mirror' image, so this needs doing within photoshot, again not a realy problem as long as you remember to do this before clicking print!! (have forgot a few times, wasting Subli paper :evil: )

3)..................thats it really............fingers crossed it continues to behave, a very worthwhile investment, especially if someone is just starting out as the initial outlay is not that bad really.

Will keep you posted

Lee

Justin
05-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Anyone got any ongoing feedback with regards to the 3300? Interested to hear how long the first and second cart's lasted.

daniboy0812
20-09-2010, 07:44 PM
hi guys

solved all my problems i hope with my B40w & easyflow, clean after clean after clean & many tantrums later - easy really!! Got onto scott at BMS & bought a ricoh gx3300n bad boy!!
Bit the bullet, manned up & got with the program of wot i hope to be hassle-free sublimating.

Scott rates the Ricoh's & julia at Transfer Press has one on her desk so that was enough for me to part with £303 door to door!

had enough of reliability issues with wot i think is a good start out system but way too temperamental for my liking.
bit like the missus really but not got balls to trade her in yet for a less tempera'mental' model yet - never know!!

i have taken the previous hints & will be looking forward to using this beast!!

Just to let you know - shopped around & BMS were just over £30 cheaper than 7 places i tried so if your after one i think BMS is doing a good deal right now - well done Martin!! I hope your enjoying Singapore. Totally jealous!! bleep bleep bleep!!!

will post my initial encounters with my new toy

ciao for now my fellow entrepreneurs

bms
21-09-2010, 01:20 AM
I hope your enjoying Singapore.
Yeah it's a tough life! Replies to posts might be a bit wierd in terms of times, but will pop on here whilst away. Got my F1 tickets yesterday for the weekend - wicked! :)

xpert
21-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Posted in depth reply on the other Ricoh thread, just don't believe the ink level on the display, it's miles out, probably set up to get you buying new cartridges before you need to. it would be nice to find out which is the best profile to use, seems like people are having some problems, but we seem to be using different profiles to solve them, mine was pretty terrible with the powerdriver and adobe, but some people seem to be ok with it. Would be great if we were all using the same set up, then it would be easier to share info.

Dick
17-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi,
Yes bought one of these. Setting up was a bit confusing,but fially figured out easy way was just install power driver and forget profiles. Amazing results till I tried to print an all black logo. Image brown not black - turned heat down. Fuzzy images as mug wraps aged. Bought a mug press - amazing and faster. Buying an oven was not a cheap option, hardly use it now

Ink use, went through first set disapointingly quickly, second set lasting much longer.
The bar graphs for ink left is very crude. Can look empty but will still print for ages. Don't change carts till you have too. Best plan is to buy more carts when it looks empty though.

Have to say mugs produced with this printer look far better than a lot I see in shops.
Bright crisp and vivid!

Dick