PDA

View Full Version : Template advise

chris_hosk
14-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi guys & dolls

i have made a number of makes and doing 1 or 2 is fine but its a pain when we get a order (like today) for 10 band names with a pic as getting the print nice & level is a pain i was thinking about maybe having a faded boarder around that i can cut around so i can have that cut to the mug then i can rest it on the table when taping thus making sure they are nice & level.

does this make sense and if so how do other people get by?

WorthDoingRight
14-12-2012, 01:41 PM
I always cut the transfer paper 5 mm below the bottom of my template with a photographic cutter and then standing the mug on the table I wrap the paper around the mug lining it up evenly with the handles. So far everything has come out level.

chris_hosk
14-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Sounds good i use 11oz mugs what width do you use to get it handle to handle?
Thanks
Chris

WorthDoingRight
14-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi Chris, It all depends on whether I want to print 3 up on A4 sheet portrait or 2 up on A4 landscape. I tend to use either the 210mm portrait width of A4 so make the template 190mm wide by 85mm high or if printing 297mm landscape I use 220mm wide by 85mm high (but then have to trim the two edges down from 297 to just below 240mm). I never try to print handle to handle as my presses have about a 1cm gap either side of the handle where pressure is reduced. Then I guillotine them 5mm below the base of my template and wrap around the mug lining up with the base. This gives me normally 5mm gap top and bottom. I have done mugs the full 95mm top to bottom but try to avoid this as it is not 100% guaranteed to transfer correctly.

John G
14-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Print with cut/reg marks - cut with scalpel, cannot get easier than that.

meldean
16-12-2012, 02:19 AM
I always cut the transfer paper 5 mm below the bottom of my template with a photographic cutter and then standing the mug on the table I wrap the paper around the mug lining it up evenly with the handles. So far everything has come out level.

thats exactley what i do and have got perfect results everytime.