PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned.

Greensleeves
09-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Sublimation is a learning process that you are on a continued curve.
For me i learned to change certain settings to make my prints better.

1 Never print right to the bottom of the mug because of finite streaks ( Thats down to the mug press i am now using)

2 Gifs print very well even when you pull someones logo down from their website to show them whet you can do.

3 Always listen to those in the know to avoid the pitfalls, Especially here.

4 set a price and stick to it before you fall down the slippery slope of doing work so cheap that when you are finished the job you feel dissillusioned about continuing on in the buisness.

5 Always try to meet the customer with a helpful attitude. Remember that they might not always be right but you can meet on common ground.

6 If in doubt about something. Quality comes first. stop what you are doing and seek advice before you start a new collection of mugs. Mud sticks

7 When you are taking the paper off the mugs, never slide them down the side of the mug! ( wiped the smile of a few peoples faces using this technique).

8 Rule 8 for me has to be learned yet.

Im not going to write anymore on this subject only to say i get a real kick out of customers who admire the work i do.

accdave
09-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I think an extension to No 4 should be to price up allowing for waste too :)

John G
10-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I would disagree with using gifs from a website, quality would be poor so wouldn't get any better through sublimation.

Cheers John

Greensleeves
20-04-2010, 02:34 AM
I would disagree with using gifs from a website, quality would be poor so wouldn't get any better through sublimation.

Cheers John

Hi John
I wanted to do a mug for a surfing buisness and i copyied a gif of their logo from their website. using the various colours of their gif i created new writing on the mug. here have a look at their website and copy the logo and see for yourself. The logo is a jpeg and thats why it printed perfect on their mug. I thought it was a gif. here is the site http://www.turfnsurf.ie/
:oops:

John G
20-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Hi , I opened up the jpeg and its 15kb, which is pretty tiny for an image - great for websites though. Its very badly pixelated, without tracing this, tidying it up or drawing it from scratch I wouldn't print it to give to a customer - its just not sharp enough.

Have you got a close up photo of the mug you printed?

Cheers John