PDA

View Full Version : Magic touch Laser printer drivers

Market Mik
09-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to find a copy of the "magic touch" drivers that are supplied with their oki laser printer.I already own an oki 5000 series printer and I find that I am having trouble printing reliable dark t shirt transfers. Would appreciate any help.
Mik

bms
09-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Our Magic Touch Oki C5750 uses the standard Oki drivers as the laser printer itself is modified, not the driver for the printer. What material are you using (I'm guessing, but is it OBM5.6?) Is it dry? Often moisture affects reliability so if there is a possibility of it absorbing moisture or it's kept in a cold location then put it into your airing cupboard overnight (or lay it under an open flat bed press for a while - with the heat on) to draw out the moisture. This would give better results.

Market Mik
11-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the tip martin, I'll give it a go.
I am surprised to hear that the drivers are standard. I thought that there was a media setting for the magic touch papers when you get the oki print properties page?
mik

DaveM
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi Mik,

I have a TMT paper media setting with driver settings for my TMT Oki
TTC, WOW, OBM etc.

As the printer was supplied by Martin then I would presume that they have updated the driver to list paper types.

regards

Dave M

bms
12-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Wierd eh? My Oki has a label on the front telling me to use Labels 1 for OBM5.6, Heavy for TTC3.1 and CPM - these are standard OKi settings. Possible that TMT have updated the driver but I was only speaking to TMT last week and we discussed Labels 1 or Glossy as setting options for the Cling material (no mention of special words in the srop down box).

Kaz
12-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Martin

The video link on your website, shows the drop down box with the different media types on ;)

Can I ask, what's the difference between the TMT modified one and the basic OKI printer, apart from a £100+ on price?

Thanks

bms
12-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Ah... the video link is on TMT's website so they have control over that, not us! I am always led to believe that parts inside the Oki are modified. I'll double check tomorrow and post back...

Kaz
12-04-2010, 09:35 PM
Sorry, yes, on TMTs site.

And thanks :D

Market Mik
13-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Martin

The video link on your website, shows the drop down box with the different media types on ;)

Can I ask, what's the difference between the TMT modified one and the basic OKI printer, apart from a £100+ on price?

Thanks

My thoughts exactly Kaz, Which is why I bought a standard OKI 5600. I can't see how it can be modified as all the main parts involved in printing are replaceable and consumable.
Having done a little more research I have discovered that the problem I was having is temperature related. The fuser was too hot and the toner was sticking to it causing the paper to jam. I seem to have sorted this out now by using the ultra heavy setting for dark transfer paper and adjusting the toner density setting. I would still like to get a copy of the magic touch drivers tho' just to see what they have done to optimise the printer settings.
I am using xpres paper by the way not TMT
mik

bms
15-04-2010, 03:02 PM
TMT Oki C5750 has a different driver as the drop down displays will show, but you can use the standard features if you do'n't have TMT driver so long as you know which ones to set them to. There are firmware changes on some Oki printers, particularly the A3 model as the fuser doesn't get hot enough as standard so needs to be tweaked and these firmware upgrades are available from TMT.

Kaz
15-04-2010, 04:55 PM
So is that really the only differences between them Martin?

For £100+ difference on cost prices, it seems an awful lot :(

bms
15-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I think you get a TMT sticker as well - plus full support if case of problems of course.

Kaz
15-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I think you get a TMT sticker as well :lol:

Market Mik
15-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Some tech info I have managed to find out which might be of use.....

According to the techs at Xpres, the toner comes off onto the fuser roller because the fuser is too hot.

On the oki tech data sheets ( which i have hee hee) The paper settings on the oki correspond to the following temperatures.
Light-Medium temp, Medium- High Temp, Heavy-Medium temp,Ultra Heavy-Low Temp, OHP-Low temp.
Also the feed speed is reduced on Ultra heavy.

Another handy piece of info is that in the maintenence menu you can set the colour and black density
Hold down menu+ and menu- when you switch on the power. Keep held down for about 10 secs and that gets you into the menus.
You should find " paper black set" and "paper colour set" both at 0. Decreasing the values (-1 or -2) will result in less toner being put down. This can also help with some problems.

Another tip for oki users .. If the paper rolls right around the fuser, it can damage the fuser beyond repair. This happens because at the top of he fuser roller there is a tiny temp sensor which can be damaged if you pull the paper out too quickly, always use the paper jam release tab on the unit and pull the paper out slowly.

At the moment i am finding that ultra heavy works best on my oki for xpres dark paper

ukracer
05-01-2024, 06:00 PM
Our Magic Touch Oki C5750 uses the standard Oki drivers as the laser printer itself is modified, not the driver for the printer. What material are you using (I'm guessing, but is it OBM5.6?) Is it dry? Often moisture affects reliability so if there is a possibility of it absorbing moisture or it's kept in a cold location then put it into your airing cupboard overnight (or lay it under an open flat bed press for a while - with the heat on) to draw out the moisture. This would give better results.

whilst I realise this is a mega old thread as my Oki C5750 (magic touch version) is still running . I assume others still have one working.

Now I am onto windows 10 the magic touch drivers do not work.

I asked for windows 10 drivers and was told they dont have any. I then read here that BMS says the printer is altered not the drivers. I would like to find out how that is done as I am struggling towork out what papers to use and what settings.