PDA

View Full Version : Heat changing mugs

danzab
09-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi

When I bought my sublimation set up it came with a about half a box of heat changing mugs. Can anybody tell me if I just print the image as I would for a normal white mug,or do I need to change the colours etc please?

Waiting for some ink to arrive so have not tried doing any yet

Thanks

Dan

Justin
09-04-2010, 10:39 PM
As far as I know they print in the exact same way. Seen a few printed and it depends on your design how well it's hidden. Sometimes you can just make out the design whilst mug is coloured/cold.

swimwivsquid
09-04-2010, 10:42 PM
If you mean the WOW mugs then yes just treat them as a normal mug. After you have sublimated the image onto it you will see the image start to disapear as it cools down. Once a hot beverage is poured into it the image will reapear. The time in the press or oven might be a minute less than for a standard mug and remember they are not dishwasher proof.
Regards Richard

danzab
10-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think they are the wow mugs because they are in a bms box. Think they must be older stock though because they are brown and not the same colour as the ones on there now

bms
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Brown?
It might be the black isn't rich deep black but they are as black as we can get them ;) The special thermo coating on them may be a factor in the richness of the black. Print as normal but if anything slightly looser in the press as the paper might be more prone to sticking to the coating on the mug.

danzab
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah pretty sure they are a chocolate brown,could be at least a couple of years old,will have to fetch some out to double check later

JSR
16-04-2010, 11:26 PM
If it helps, I have an information page on my website describing how colour-change mugs work.

Feel free to check it out: http://www.mugsandgifts.co.uk/wowmugs-info

In the meantime, here's a little animation:

http://www.mugsandgifts.co.uk/zshop/images/mugsandgifts/black_wow_anim_r.gif
(Yes, okay, it's a bit of a cheat, but it serves its purpose! ;) )