PDA

View Full Version : Help please

steve 1
24-12-2012, 06:47 PM
hi everyone
iam not looking to start a buissness becuase a dont have the finance or marketing skills. i would like to print on mugs plates. coasters mousemats and clocks as a hobby and just sell to members of a gundog club iam a member of. i would like some advice on buying the correct press i dont like the look of some of the cheap 5 in 1 advertised on e bay. i think i would like to buy a stand alone mug press with extra heat mats for diffrent size mugs. i assume you would use a fat t shirt press for coasters and mouse mats i have no idea how you would do a clock i cant afford the top of the range press but want to avoid the very bottom end iam i on the right track any advice would be most gratefull

bms
24-12-2012, 07:04 PM
hi everyone
iam not looking to start a buissness becuase a dont have the finance or marketing skills. i would like to print on mugs plates. coasters mousemats and clocks as a hobby and just sell to members of a gundog club iam a member of. i would like some advice on buying the correct press i dont like the look of some of the cheap 5 in 1 advertised on e bay. i think i would like to buy a stand alone mug press with extra heat mats for diffrent size mugs. i assume you would use a fat t shirt press for coasters and mouse mats i have no idea how you would do a clock i cant afford the top of the range press but want to avoid the very bottom end iam i on the right track any advice would be most gratefull

A flat bed press will do coasters and mousemat as well as clocks. Have a browse of suppliers websites to see what's available and there are even business startup packages available for mugs as well as flat bed items.

steve 1
24-12-2012, 07:13 PM
thanks martin i have looked at some suppliers there can be a large diffrence in prices iam looking for a company which will give support to people who are new to printing

Justin
24-12-2012, 08:59 PM
You'll get all the support you'l need here in the forum :-)

Personally I also prefer separate presses rather than multi use but many members use the 5 in 1 etc. successfully.

A lot of the information you need is alraedy here so have a goof look around first :-)

steve 1
24-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys iam looking through the forum with great intrest