PDA

View Full Version : Durham Mugs

Kaz
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Are Durham mugs any good?

I've previously been using Orca coated mugs, but have been looking at Durham mugs, as they appear to be at a good price, 72 for £59.99 delivered

Thanks

Justin
11-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I only ever use 10oz Durhams. I now buy them from BMS, previously used Listawood but postage prices got ridiculous so I changed.

Kaz
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks Justin :D

I can get them cheaper than BMS do them for, so will go with that supplier :D

Glen
11-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks Justin :D

I can get them cheaper than BMS do them for, so will go with that supplier :D
Do you want to share..? ;) Only Joking..never had any probs with them yet.. :D

Kaz
11-04-2010, 02:11 PM
No probs Glen, love cut are doing them delivered on their website for £58.99, or £59.99 from ebay ;)

Glen
11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
No probs Glen, love cut are doing them delivered on their website for £58.99, or £59.99 from ebay ;)
Let us know what they are like as always good to get a product review.. ;) I always use BMS and touch wood no problems yet.. :roll:

Justin
11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Another member has mentioned Lovecut mugs before and I think they had problems, may be worth getting a couple of sample mugs from them before placing a large order?

I'll only use the RN or Duraglaze coated mugs as i have to have dishwasher proof and they're the only ones (Same coating different brand name)

Always speak to Martin first as he may be able to price match if it's the same product, I think you'll find the BMS ones are very good. Always good to work out how much more would you be paying per mug for a tried and tested product, if it's 10p per mug is it really worth sacrifycing quality? That said, I like the challenge of testing new products ;)

As Glen mentioned, it would be good to get a review up on the forum :)

Andrew
11-04-2010, 03:35 PM
The name Durham is the style and not the coating. Different suppliers call them different things. Could be a totally different mug with totally different coating. Orca is the Chinese coating and used by a few suppliers. The only way to find out is test them. Strange why lovecut don't charge vat? It is not like it is optional and would have thought that they pass the threshhold unless what they really mean that it is inclusive.

The general rule with mugs...... you get what you pay for.

bms
11-04-2010, 03:40 PM
I know we're not the cheapest, but the RN coating is expensive and every one of our European mugs is wrapped in bubble protecting so we don't get breakages in transit. That way customers get 36 usable mugs in a delivery of 36 mugs. I'm not going to comment on competitors mugs as I may be accused of being biased ;), but we have an offer at present where we will deliver a case of 36 European mugs to any new customer for £36 inc vat and delivery (limited to 1 box per new customer) if anyone is looking to try our European mugs. There are plenty of positive reviews of our European mugs here from various forum members and Justin's point is well made.

Kaz
11-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks for that folks.

Will do some more research before I buy anymore :)

AJLA
12-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I absolutely agree with Justins comments, I have tried and tested many companies mugs as we all do probably looking only at the price. For some time now I have have stuck to the BMS for consistency, they have a very good coating (unlike some) and the sides seem to be more straight (this is something which has caused me endless problems and waste) so i'd rather be safe for the sake of a few extra pennies. And as Martin has stated they come individually wrapped so I have never had a breakage.

frizbee
19-04-2010, 09:10 AM
I would be surpised if Lovecuts coating is the same as BMS's coating.

Martin may be about the work it out as I can only see the amount I have spent, but at a guess I would say i've had at least 20,000 mugs off him, I have never had a breakage in the dleivery and I have only had one complaint on one mug and we were unable to explian how the cutomer managed to damage the mug.

I have found to our cost that cheaper coating come back to bite you if you do any sort of trade printing, our whole business is built on quality of product, there is no point cutting corners, save the money somewhere else like delivery costs, using paper and ink effiently etc.

David

Kaz
19-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Love cut came back and said it's not RN/Duraglaze/orca coatings, it's specially coated for them in the middle east.

Giving it a wide berth