PDA

View Full Version : pressure

steve 1
03-01-2013, 05:08 PM
hi guys
Thanks to a very prompt supplier my mug press and printer etc arrived today iam keen to set up and have a go ha ha. i would be gratefull if anybody can tell me prior to pressing is there any tell tale signs that the pressure is incorrect because i have read about possible problems if presure is wrong or is just experiment and gain experiance
thanks steve

Justin
03-01-2013, 06:20 PM
It should be tight enough around the mug so that the heat blanket curls slightly over the top and the bottom.

steve 1
03-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks justin appreciate that will check that bit out

Justin
03-01-2013, 06:30 PM
No worries, it'a trial and error but you'll probably find it's quite a heavy pressure.

viccar
03-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Put your mug in the mug press without it being turned on and experiment with the pressure a bit.
Then when you think its about right turn the press on and try.

Once it feels about right then it should be ok for you mu its a bit scary the first time it seems hard, and feels like the mug might break.

steve 1
03-01-2013, 10:51 PM
thanks for that never had one before so dont know what it should feel like but i agree it feels a bit scary ha ha

mgibbs
03-01-2013, 11:14 PM
If the mug comes out smaller than it went in then the pressure's too high :)

I have mine set so it's just tight enough to stop you being able to turn the mug while it's clamped.
Mark

steve 1
03-01-2013, 11:46 PM
thanks mark i have not checked mine over proper yet has i only got it today but i think from memory it clamps right up to the handle on mine i will have a proper look tomorow

Charlie_
04-01-2013, 07:10 AM
I have mine set so it's just tight enough to stop you being able to turn the mug while it's clamped.
Mark

I have mine set the same.......... no problems with pressing

pisquee
04-01-2013, 10:17 AM
thanks mark i have not checked mine over proper yet has i only got it today but i think from memory it clamps right up to the handle on mine i will have a proper look tomorow

Make sure that the mug itself is actually clamped tight, and it isn't the handle that is too big and taking all the pressure - we have some mugs which won't work in a couple of our presses due to the handles being too wide.

steve 1
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
thanks tim i will have a look at that becuase the 2 metal strips which hold the blanket from memory did touch the handle will check out later