PDA

View Full Version : got my liyu cutter, questions...

soulclaimed
05-01-2013, 01:11 AM
I have finally got round to purchasin my liyu cutter arrived and after hours its finally mounted on the stand(the thing is a giant lol).

I have some questions, firstly there is a thing hanging down with a metal loop on the end, whats it for?

also I want to use it for contour cutting a4 transfers, how do i do this, also it is supposed to have the red laser "optical eye" how do i activate it?

If anyone can help i would be eternally greatful.

Thanks

Tony

viccar
05-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Not sure what the thing hanging down is, maybe a pho9to would help.

To contour cut you need to put a contour line around your text/pic and you will also need to put registration marks on the text/pic for your cutter to pick up the registration marks with its optical eye, this would all be done with your software.
Not sure what software you are using, as each differs.

Then print
Then put in your cutter and it should recognise the registration marks.

Paul
05-01-2013, 02:55 AM
you wont be able to use our optical eye for automatic reg marks recognition as all this is is only useless red light.

watch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hoIbsoqAqI

soulclaimed
05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
cutter images attached as you can see something is dangling i am wondering if it relates to horizontal movement as when pressing the arrows it only moves front to back

Paul
05-01-2013, 04:08 PM
This is your carriege belt! Withou it yo wonbe able to ct! Contact supplier about this a its damaged. You can attempt to join it together but i woul not.

soulclaimed
05-01-2013, 04:24 PM
i wouldnt know where to begin trying to do it myself, it was like this when i took it out of the box, im pretty angry right now as it has cost me 230 pound and would cost another 20 pound to return it by post the instructions for the simplest thing are terrible and it took me about 2 hours to put the stand together i do not wish to dismantle it all to return it

Paul
05-01-2013, 05:14 PM
cutter is hold only on 4 screws. so you can unscrew it all and send it back at supplier expenses.

iis this cutter of ebay?

soulclaimed
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
yes its from a company called signcut, there are 4 screws in each leg connecting to cross beam, there is 4 screws connecting each foot there are 2 screw in casters on each side there are 4 screws on each side of the roller bracket and then 4 holding the cutter on the stand and as most of the screws have to be placed inside a deepish hole in order to connect the pieces sometimes the screw drops inside the legs, i dunno it was a hassle but if thats my only option i will have to

Paul
05-01-2013, 05:58 PM
no. just take cutter off the stand. and send only cutter back. leave the stand. they should send you fixed cutter/or new next day. so no need to disassemble the stand :D

mrs maggot
05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
It might be hard getting them to accept that you could see nothing wrong with the cutter, and even went so far as trying to get it working, when this belt was hanging down, lets hope they are one of the good companies, like paul says, they should not need the stand back, as it has nothing to do with the cutter at all. just call them, tell them its faulty, also notify your credit card company if thats how you paid for it, or paypal if thats how you paid for it, show them the photo of it (off of the stand - otherwise they might think you caught the belt while lifting it onto the stand which can happen)

Paul
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
good point Laura... but if this cutter is build as mine then it would be quite difficult to get this belt off. i had my moving bit with knife off of the carriage but still belt was in tact. this look like is hold by on.y one screw so must be easy to fix. screw was not tight enough... but as i said... only if its build like main.

mrs maggot
05-01-2013, 08:52 PM
yes i agree paul, they are hard to break, i was just warning that the seller might not see it that way

Paul
05-01-2013, 08:55 PM
lets hope the customer service will be worth the purchase then... :)
but as you already mention, i would keep the photo ready to contact papal or credit card department just in case :rolleyes:

viccar
05-01-2013, 09:10 PM
yes its from a company called signcut,

Do you mean signzworld?

soulclaimed
07-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Sorry that is what i meant

soulclaimed
07-01-2013, 06:43 PM
They told me.to do it myself any idea how?

Paul
07-01-2013, 06:47 PM
lol! thats what i call service! belt is unscrewed. so it was not done properly. send it back or they should at least give you idea how to o it. it does not look to complicated but thats not the point. as them that if you damage anything when "fixing youself" they will still honour warranty?

viccar
07-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Typical of Signzworld, tell them your sending it back for a refund and buy elsewhere, theyll make you pay postage to them and back from them if you send it back to be repaired.

soulclaimed
10-02-2013, 10:14 AM
they replaced the cutter in the end and after about 3 days of little usage the machine now wont turn off unless unplugged, the switch moves but has no effect on the machine...