PDA

View Full Version : Hello EWveryone It's Vera Here

vera
16-04-2010, 12:23 AM
hello again

its Vera, really enjoyed the show at NEC, now need a epson printer 4880 with 8 inks, any advice please.
also need advice on the best software for improving the digital image, pixels etc

Andrew
16-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Why specifically that printer Vera? Is it the size requirement? They are a very good printer but are cheaper options out there if you are just starting out.

Justin
16-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I'll split this topic off into Printers section Vera. My personal experience of the 4800/4880 isn't good. Found it incredibly slow. Print quality was OK but 8 colours is overkill unless you really do have a need for it. I use 6 colours to get better skin tones but for most jobs 4 colours is more than adequate for sublimation.

4880 is a very expensive printer and replacing the inks is a costly exercise!

bms
16-04-2010, 08:54 AM
You'll probably get some good advice from Frisbee on this printer as he is a user. If you're just starting out though you need to consider if you need up to A2 in size. Your next decision is the brand of sublimation ink. You have choices - which brand was being demonstrated at the show?

Andrew
16-04-2010, 10:35 AM
All depends what software and settings you use as to the speed. It is a very good printer but not needed for most small format subli printers. I have the model before the 4880 as a back up machine.....which I am currently using. Great printer. Mine certainly prints fast enough to compare to other printers I have used. You can also have refillable cartridges rather than cis which is easy.

frizbee
18-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi,

The Epson 4880 is a VERY good printer, but it can be stroppy, but knowledge is a great thing and we can probably help you.

If you haevn't bought it yet, PM me your number and we could have a chat. If you can cpome to kent then you aer welcome to visit us.

Unless you are going to print 1000's of mugs a week like us, its probably a bit of overkill, but saying that we have printed over 50,000 mugs with ours and I am sure many of the smaller epsons would be long retired by that amount. We have only had to replace the dampers.

Ink suppliers can be a problem, by BMS haev stepped up to the plate on that front and you can't get a better service. Not sure if BMS can supply the printer, if they can they woudl be my preferred supplier for it.

Anything I can help with, please just ask.

David