PDA

View Full Version : New transfer printing system

philfoot
16-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi all

Wondered if anyone has seen whats on offer on this website:

http://www.transslam.co.uk/

I don't know much on this side, and it looks a little like the Magic Touch Oki printer system, but wondered if anyone has seen it, tried it, of has had some comments about it.

May be interest to someone.

Kind regards

Phil

socialgiraffe
16-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I was working with these guys prior to launch in the UK market.

Was quoted 5K approx for a system. Then TMT released their printer at 2K and all of a sudden the price came down to the same. Personally do not like that sort of tactic as they are just plucking a figure out of the sky.

Also, I was only interested in the system to print ceramic. The translam system suggested 35 seconds for a mug which is obviously wrong as there is no allowance for the mug to heat up etc. I did get some decent results eventually but decided the TMT's system is better.

If you are interested in this product then a subsidiary of YES embroidery are the UK distributors. They are a good reputable company so have no problem in recommending them

DeeEm
19-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I think that the Trans Slam original price was for the A3 machine, and TMT only have an A4 machine. I've seen the the TMT version and the results look good really good. My question is which transfer paper is the best to use with it.

I did start using the WOW paper previously but there was just silly amounts of work involved, it's down to 2 steps now for a dark print.

Has anyone wash tested the wow papers properly? They (TMT Reps) more or less say that the T shirt will give out before the wow transfer will. But the price of an A4 dark print is pretty outrageous. Reps answer to the price critique is to say well you can get plenty of crest sized prints from one A4 page...

I'll be attending the P&P show and I'm expecting more than one company to be selling the OKI 711WT machine, and also expecting there to be a couple of different transfer paper options. I'm expecting some good keen "show offers". Then I'm expecting a large headache from trying to choose which is best to buy! :biggrin:

logobear
19-02-2013, 02:47 PM
the results from TMT white on new WOW are outstanding, but the real appeal is the simplicity of the process, I am confident I can charge over £2 more per garment with this process, - but it is a substitution sale, and compared with the low fixed costs of using a xerox dc12 I do worry about total costs of ownership for a couple of desktop printers, one to do white. .....