PDA

View Full Version : Backing material

Earl Smith
17-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Just thought Id ask what your preferances are for backing papers. What tear away and cut away do you all use? For t-shirts, polos , sweats etc.
Ive just embroidered a large design onto the back of a sweatshirt using a cut away from Madiera, but I would rather use a tear away as it would be nicer inside the sweat.

jools
26-01-2013, 10:44 AM
I use tear away for most everyday clothing. My preference is Gunold Stiffy range, (made in Germany) 100m roll available in several weights, black or white.

I'm sure it can be bought in smaller rolls too, but won't work out as well cost wise.

jools
26-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Usually use Stiffy 1650 and just double up if necessary.

http://www.gunold.de/Home/Products/Nonwoven/246

smo
02-02-2013, 08:26 PM
We use Madeira Cut away on most of ours and keep several rolls of black and white on hand :)

Earl Smith
04-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Sorry I didnt get back to my post and say thanks for the reply. I decidied to catch a severe cold ( Im a man ) and then twist my knee so I couldnt walk for a week.
I thought Id post this question because I use the same backing all the time. Its useful to learn what others use and maybe make my work better.
I use both Madiera and Gunold. The Madiera is a E-zee web 75g cut away in black and white and the tear away is a 75g pes paper. The Gunold I use is a Stiffy 1989.
Ill use more of the Madiera because the web site for Gunold is not very user friendlly. Madiera is just a telephone call and a real person to order from.