PDA

View Full Version : Sublimination basics

ladybug1802
24-01-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi...i am so sorry if this infor is elsewhere but I just cant find it.

I want to know how to go about printing words onto dog vests made of either solid polyester mesh or PY coated nylon. What do I do...do I used a specific dye sublimination printer to print the text, then use a heat press to press it onto the garment?

And if so, what printed is recommended?

bms
24-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi...i am so sorry if this infor is elsewhere but I just cant find it.

I want to know how to go about printing words onto dog vests made of either solid polyester mesh or PY coated nylon. What do I do...do I used a specific dye sublimination printer to print the text, then use a heat press to press it onto the garment?

And if so, what printed is recommended?

Just printing words ... Have a look for flex or nylo flex and a small cutter link the Cameo.

ladybug1802
24-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi...thanks for this! Sorry tho...I am totally clueless.....what does the whole process involve? Do I need to get a special dye sublimination printer to print the words onto something (vinyl?), and then use a heat press to transfer it to garment?

viccar
24-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Maybe a visit to you tube and search sublimating t shirts and vinyl t shirts and watch a few videos and it will give you some idea of the process.

ladybug1802
24-01-2013, 09:42 PM
ah yes thats probably a good idea actually...thank you!

viccar
24-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Then have a real good read of threads on here, that will give you some idea of the whole process, then fire away with all the questions you will have. :smile: